My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Friday, August 04, 2006

Yay Me!

Even if I was late for "work" this morning, and even if I did take many "coffee breaks" (a.k.a. helping hubby breaks) I managed to get MCM whipped into shape in a few short hours.

Oh there are a few things that are not put out of reach of little ones....my antenna ball collection for one. I have collected antenna balls for years! It is fun to find unusual ones, funny how you get one or two of something and then all of the sudden you are getting them from everyone!! Hubby has an idea of how to display them but hasn't gotten around to getting that done, no problem...JJ will have the touchable ones all over the house within moments of walking in the door...but now I am off topic...back to MCM.

Yes MCM, is nice and neat and the things that needed to be put away are put away, the things that needed to find a new place have found a new place, the things that did not belong in MCM are no longer in MCM and have actually been put where they belong!!! Now, I must say that "put away" and "nice and neat" are MY definition...my mother would have hauled everything out of that room, sorted it all, resorted it all, resorted it again and then moved it in piece by piece. She was a good organizer...I did get a few of her organizational genes but the ones I got only work now and then...usually they are dormant or just work at a simmer... I think there is a missing link.

A couple of years before my mother suffered a stroke she came for a visit and literally everything came out of MCM, was stacked in the livingroom (my to hubby's displeasure) and then she gifted me totes, shelving, tables and every sort of everything to organize my room and make it all match in size and color. All of my mismatched totes and etc were replaced with new - everything "fit". I had no shelving (believe it or not) - she measured twice, cut once and put up a wall of shelves that wrapped around to a second wall. It was too neat and clean and I could not, absolutely could not work in that room, I had to "adjust it" a bit after she went home.

Oh...dang...I am moving off topic again...ok, ok....Pam, stay on task here!!!

Anyway...I did manage to get a few other things done today as well. Kitchen floor has been swept and mopped, 3 loads of laundry washed-dried-folded and put away, freshened up the guestroom for our daughter-in-law's visit, hubby deadheaded baskets ~ I set him up on the deck with a table and etc and then hauled baskets to him, this eveninig he deadheaded on the front porch.

I think my biggest accomplishment was cleaning off the desk...here are a few things I found on the desk:
cupcake papers (for a Valentines craft project)
fabric markers (no Cher...I have not finished my Over the Edge wall hanging)
my granddaughters birth certificate (gee, maybe her mom would like to have that back now that we are safely on the USA side of the border???)
one earring...sad lonely little thing
3 alphabet beads - H - W - I (maybe for my sister?? Hawaii?? we are going next year)
a watch (some people have lots of shoes, I have lots of watches...I did not miss this one)
a letter to my sister (stamped with a .37 stamp~~ it is sealed, do I open it or just send it?)
a magic wand (either KatieBug's or MacKenzie's ~ or both!)
2 shot glasses (my son and his friend made these at the pottery store, why are they at my house?)

and of course there were the usual desky things:
photo printer paper (box is all but empty, need a new box soon)
cd's (too many to count, all back ups of my photo files)
rubber bands, paper clips and etc.

My greatest find of the day was my MP3 player that has been MIA for a while, I found it in my winter purse...along with my favorite pen and nail file. Strange, usually when I switch purses I move everything. I was really glad to find my MP3 player, now I can tell Ed that is was missing (he did not know it was missing *¿*) It has Christmas music on it, does that tell you anything???

All in all it was a great "work" day! I am ready for those precious grandbabies to arrive tomorrow...just bring 'em on!!!

I will leave you with a couple pics of the "deadheader". The first one is also a good shot of our little Koi pond, we did not get the landscaping around it finished before Ed went in for surgery but Ryan and I worked on it (read: Ryan more than me) and I am hoping that Naomi and I can get it worked on more. Angela and I are going to cut the slate to cover the cobble stones, Angela can do anything! She is Ms. DIY!!!

The second one is the front porch, this basket was taking over, we felt like we were in a creature feature movie each time we went out the door, this petunia WAS huge (LJ called it a MONSTER) but now it has been tamed.

Now I am going to spend some time reading....want to get the 3rd book of a series finished so I can send them home with my daughter-in-law, save myself a bit of mailing money.

Blessings for the day:
All of the above

9 Comments:

At Friday, August 04, 2006 9:57:00 PM, Blogger SuBee said...

My goodness -- what I think is that you're an exceptional woman! Salutations, cheers and prayers for you and yours....you all deserve it! I've nursed a husband and 2 adult children thru these back surgeries and it's no picnic but you seem to be handling it well. Those little ones will make you laugh and make you sleep really well - LOL - if you get to lay down at all! Have fun!

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 4:12:00 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Sounds like you hade a super prodcutive "work" day. I wouldn't stress too much about not having your mom's organizational gene. Some of us have it and some of us don't. I just organized a bunch of spaces in my house and still have a few more to go.

Enjoy your visit with your grandchildren and DIL!

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 4:18:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

You've made me oh so tired just reading about all you've done. Want to come organize my sewing room now? It's also the repository of "where the heck do we put this" stuff in my house and is a huge mess right now. Mostly I just keep my back turned on the mess and pretend it's not there. LOL!

Have a great time with those grandbabies. And I wish Ed a speedy recover.

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 5:17:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

now I see just exactly where all the river rock was headed. I am proud of you getting in there and cleaning out the room but have to ask just what the heck an antenna ball is!?

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 5:41:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Ed is looking good, glad he is making such good progress.

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 6:46:00 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

Nice to see your husband is doing so well, and that he can get around.
My biggest problem with organizing is that is when I lose stuff. I put it away and it's gone forever. We are notorious packrats in my house. Everything may come in handy someday. 12 rooms and I have nowhere to put anything.
Good luck with MCM-and yes it does count.

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 9:32:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Very well done! Looks like you have a beautiful back yard. Someday when we retire we'll have enough time to do that to ours. Now I want to see pictures of MCM!

I asked Cher exactly where you live. I'm so familiar with your town - at least I was! My grandparents lived there and we came down every summer to stay with them a week or two. It was a very long trip from Seattle - that was before I-5. It would take us 1 1/2 hours to get from our house in the north end of Seattle to Boeing on Highway 99. I think it was probably at least 10-12 hours to your town. I've not been back there in 40 or more years so I'm sure it has changed a grat deal.

 
At Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:09:00 AM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Tell him those are some mighty sexy knee sox he's wearing after surgery... :)

Glad to see he's up and enjoying the fresh air!

Antennae balls?

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 6:36:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

you did great Pam! congrats on doing all that hard work preparing for the descent of grandbabies...I know you will be in heaven while they are visiting.
good to see Ed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home