My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Friday, August 04, 2006

LJ Said This Would Count


My boss has been so gracious to me during this time with Ed's surgery and getting him home and then rushing home a time or two each day to help him when he had needed it. Yesterday morning he asked what the Friday appt schedule looked like, I told him he had this and that going on but I did not have any clients coming in for me. He said "Well, looks like you have a 3 day weekend then." NICE, NICE, NICE!!! What a blessing!

Last night I slept 10 hours...woke up a couple of times but was able to get back to sleep fairly quickly. Ed got up around 5 and sat in a chair for a while to rest his back from laying down but then came back to bed at 7, I got up at 7:30.

Thus far this morning I have listened to Ryan's cat meowing for Ryan, (after Ryan leaves Akira cries for his dad for about a week, it is the most pathetic thing!!) and enjoyed an otherwise quiet time with a cup of coffee. Oh, and I started the dishwasher, which was already loaded last night. Now I am going to enjoy a second cup of coffee, read my email, comfort Akira, and then ~~ are you ready for this?? ~~ I am going to head into My Creative Mind and get busy straightening it up.

I know I do not have time to sew right now but I also know that this is a MUST on my to do list. Our 2 youngest grandbabies (Maddie 4 and JJ 3) will be here tomorrow for a week and that room holds so many fastinating things for little ones to see and touch that I simply MUST get some of those things put away.

MCM is also the room that has been abused over the past few months, getting abused by the "oh put it in there" syndrome while we have done some remodeling. I just hate that! Growing up we had a basement (as do we now) that things got put in (as now) and then suddenly they were lost or forgotten. When my parents became empty-nesters they also had a "guestroom" that took the place of the basement or garage. ***My mother was not a junky house keeper, her home was always neat as a pin, but stuff collects in various places even if it is organized stuff, I wish I had my mother's skill of organization!***

Last night I told Ed that I was going to work today even if Brad did give me the day off. He thought I was off my rocker, but then I told him that I would get up, get ready for work and then he would find me working in MCM, I would come out at lunch time and then go back to MCM (hoping that after lunch I might even be sitting at the machine *¿*).

LJ said straightening up MCM would count as something quilty...a bit of a stretch, but she is such a good encourager.

Oh gosh, look at the time...I am late for work! I'll keep you posted!

9 Comments:

At Friday, August 04, 2006 9:10:00 AM, Blogger Saska said...

Wish I could get a day off from work so I could work. I understand COMPLETELY!

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 9:27:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

LJ is right - this absolutely counts!

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 9:45:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

This certainly does count, and I'm jealous--is your boss hiring?????

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 10:49:00 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I agree, straightening up your sewing space is quilty! (Running the dishwasher; however, is not.)

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 10:58:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Pam, I know you will feel so much better if it were straightened up in there plus keep the kids out of mischief. Get that monkey off your back as it is a deterrent to sitting down and sewing even if it is only for 15 mins or so. HUGS. Guess I better turn on IM just in case you are on "break" and have time

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 1:26:00 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Good idea, have fun "at work." :)

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 6:11:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

What a great boss you have. I hope you enjoyed your "work" day.

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 7:03:00 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

Hey...how much did you get done? I love your MCM...it is SOOOO MUCH fun for kids AND adults...you have so many things in there...things I only wish I had...and if I did- that I knew what to do with and how to do it! Love ya, Moodle~

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 8:42:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Well, congrats on an unexpected day off!

I rented some movies (well I say rented, but as a librarian, I get them free) and I plan to sew all weekend. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home