My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independance Day!!

I really wanted to post pics of the fireworks display at Disneyland but I had my camera set wrong and not one pic turned out, drats...so put on your imagination caps and think of Tinkerbell flying high above, wand in hand, setting off the most wonderful sparks, and flashes, and boom-bang-pop...yes!!! yes!!! you got it, see, no pictures needed!

Last night we had a wonderful storm full of lightening and loud thunder. We kinda figured it was pretty close but did not realize HOW close until the fire alarm (volunteer fire dept) sounded at 4 a.m. There was a strike about a mile from our house, just down the hill from our kids' place. Albert did not respond to the call since he was just about to leave for work and isn't on the beefed up coverage schedule they have this holiday. No one injured, no damage beyond a tree that will be a great topic of show and tell for some kids at the community swimming pool this summer.

We were suppose to have nice sunny days this week, including today...but with the storm last night we knew that our 4th celebration plans would need to be adjusted. So, we are back to our original plan of BBQ at our house, then everyone will head out to Bullards State Park in Bandon (20 minutes away), where we will sit and watch as the annual fireworks display is shot out over the water, oh it is beautiful!!! Each year I stuff a couple of kleenex's in my pocket knowing I will be overcome with emotion, this year I will also be remembering so many of our loved ones who have passed on in the last couple of years, including my father, a good friend Bob and of course PFC Tommy Tucker.

We have been in the kitchen this morning, Ed is preparing to BBQ 2 chickens: one with a can of Coors in the belly and a potato in the neck....the other will have Mt. Dew and a lemon. We were introduced to this way of BBQ'ing chicken as "Beer in the Butt" only I can't call it that with the grandkids around so it is "canned chicken". Just trying to keep everyone happy. I just pulled the "crust" out of the oven for Fruit Pizza, crust done the easy way...a tube of store bought cookie dough flattened--will leave the toppings for Katie to put on when she arrives. Pasta has been cooked and is cooling down for a pasta salad. Beans are in the pan ready for the heat to be turned on under them. Veggies need to be cleaned and cut up, but I am taking a break! Decided to pack up the "Exotic S'more" stuff and will take that along with us so we can have s'mores while watching the fireworks.

Rex will miss out on his exotic s'mores...oh well, that is what happens when you take an 11 day trip with the honor students from school...I think he is getting the better end of the deal anyway, I believe they will be at Mt. Rushmore today and tonight!!! Wow! what an experience!!

Nothing quilty going on here, while planting Blue Star Creeper I kinked my neck and it still is stiff, so NOTHING going on that requires moving my neck or looking down, currently it is just not bending at all.

Happy 4th to all, no matter where you are, no matter how you celebrate.

I will close with a couple of pictures taken a couple of years ago on the 4th of July at Bullards State Park, it is beautiful there. OK, well, maybe I won't! Seems blogger is not upload-friendly today.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:04:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Your menu sounds great!

I've heard about the chicken with the can before, and about the dessert pizza with cookie dough - but WHAT is exotic s'mores?

 
At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:53:00 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Yes - what is exotic s'mores?
The chickens sound good - I'll have to try the one with Mt. Dew sometime for my brother-in-law who loves Mt. Dew.

Hope your 4th turned out well.

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Sounds like a perfect day minus the stiff neck of course. I'm going to be like Jane and wonder what an exotic s'more is.

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 6:39:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

great looking flowers and fish pond...sounds like a lovely weekend, minus your stiff neck of course. Ah, watching fireworks...love that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home