My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Our Version

Each of these cakes were said to be rather hard on the Family Fun website...we found them nothing but FUN to do!! But then Angela and I always have fun when together doing something for the kids, nothing like a mom and a gma to bend over backwards for these awesome kids.

Jewel rings, candy necklaces, gold coins

what more could a bunch of kids wish for in a Treasure Chest?
Albert sporting the Beav's National Championship T-shirt and guarding the bounty!

We forgot to add the Lego pirates, but no big deal...the ship was a hit, and all the other moms were very impressed....I think we do the bestest bday cakes in town, and I think Angela puts on the bestest bday parties in town!!! I don't remember putting as much work into bday parties as she does...Ed always did a terrific cake, but then he was a baker/cake decorator for years - as far as a party, we just rented the roller rink and let them all wear themselves out!!!

7 Comments:

At Sunday, July 09, 2006 7:31:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Hey will you two adopt me next month when I have a birthday? Those look totally cool! I really dont want to make my own cake.

 
At Sunday, July 09, 2006 7:33:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

awesome job! LJ said what I was gonna say....too much fun!

 
At Sunday, July 09, 2006 7:59:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Wow, those are some impressive cakes! I bet all the other moms don't like you raising the bar so high. That's going to make it hard for them to one-up you!

 
At Monday, July 10, 2006 6:16:00 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

NEAT! How did you make those sails?

 
At Monday, July 10, 2006 7:19:00 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Great cakes! And a great idea to take the kids to the roller rink!

 
At Monday, July 10, 2006 5:25:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Your cakes are incedible! Almost too good to eat, but I'm sure they children had a great time eating them.

 
At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 4:06:00 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Hummm - clever way to get not one, but 2 cakes in 1 birthday! You guys did a great job with your versions!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home