My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Bday Cake...pics for my sister....Exotic S'mores

Here are the two cakes Tristan asked us to make for his Bday party on Saturday...As I was walking through Wal-mart with the list of "treasure" and crossing each item off (gold coins, candy necklaces, etc etc) and adding it up in my head I was sure this would be the year of the expensive bday cake...sure enough I do believe someone will be digging into his college fund to pay for these cakes...but he is worth every penny...all 11 years worth!

EXOTIC S'MORES
So, this is the deal...nothing is like it used to be....
no simple graham cracker, Hershey's chocolate and toasted marshmellow S'mores for our gang..no siree bub...you gotta have a variety, a choice, a favorite to enjoy with your carefully bronzed marshmellow...so, we leave the Hershey's chocolate for the unadventuresome (that would be David!!) and daring to let our tastebuds shout with delight we replace said Hershey's with a York Peppermint Patty, or maybe a bitesize 3 Musketeers. Like Snickers, Ed does too! How about a Kraft Caramel square, yummy!!! Let your imagination run wild, be patient, it takes a little bit longer to let the candy bars melt, but ooooh it is worth it...enjoy an Exotic S'more, affectionately named by Rex. *Disclaimer...I will NOT be held responsible for the deal on anyone's scales moving upward.

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 11:04:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

*drools*

That sounds reeeeeally good - I adore snickers bars. Thanks for posting the 'recipe.'

We used to make them at summer camp with frosting-in-the-tubs too - much cheaper than buying a candybar for everyone, and we had some different flavors there too!

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:08:00 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Hmmm - Exotic smores sounds interesting! I bake mine instead of toasting them...

How? You ask, line a cookie sheet (I use the throw away foil variety for easy clean up) with graham crackers, add your chocolate (I have only thought to use hersheys up to this point, but I am a fan of peanut butter cups & peppermint patties) add your marshmallows (the mini ones work just as well as the big ones - if you have them around), bake at 350 (is there another temp. on an oven?) until the marshmallows puff and get a bit tan, take them out of the oven and quickly add the top graham cracker, or smoosh them a bit with your fingers and eat them open face.

FYI around here, I can get toasted coconut coated marshmallows....

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 7:12:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

whoa, what incredible cakes!!!!

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 2:16:00 PM, Blogger Shelina said...

Those are beautiful cakes. You're making them for this coming Saturday? I wouldn't want to ruin them by eating them! Where did you get the design?

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 2:36:00 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Oh my gosh Pam, you've opened up a whole new Pandora's Box in my head...LOL..I never even remorely thought that s'more's could be more than that old basic...wow! Now I'm not use sure it will safe for me to go WalMart...LOL Thanks!!!

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:53:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

I am thinking those Rollo's or Cadbury caramel/chocolate squares--as if one needed more calories!!

I am seeing a Pirates of the Caribbean theme thing for Tristan??

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 7:51:00 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Wow - those are wonderful cakes. I'd hate to put a knife to them.

Thanks for explaining the Exotic S'Mores. For a heart-smart version you could use dark chocolate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home