My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Shhhhh....

....don't tell anyone where I am. The house is quiet and I am alone for a few minutes!

The babies (Jason 3½ and Madelyn 4½) are here for a wk and the wk is almost over! Boy, having kids in your house 24/7 is an experience. Usually our "local" grandkidlets (ages 9-13) are here for a few hours or an overnight but JJ and Maddie live a 10 hr drive away and to be here for a wk without a break is sure letting us know we are gettin' old FAST!

Actually, we are having a great time even though I am working most of this wk as well as enjoying the babies and their mommy. We moved furniture around so Ed can sit away from the traffic flow and be somewhat protected from bumps and too many squeezy hugs. The kids can also be in the backyard but not unsupervised as they are curious about the pond (we had friends who lost their 18 month old son in a pond about the same size over 25 yrs ago and it still haunts me).

Maddie can help me water the baskets and JJ does a great job of watering the lawn. We will at some point make a mini photo album to send to our son (thier daddy) who is a fisherman and currently at the middle point of a 4 month trip to the Bering Sea.

Naomi has been doing almost all of the cooking, nice!!! Sunday morning I made donuts (Grandpa was a baker so you gotta have donuts when you come to his house!). Tonight we are going to make chocolate covered bananas so they will have a cold dessert that is not 100% junk for them (and to help cover my fanny for buying the wrong flavor of icecream!!). Of course we will also make fruit pizza, but I think Maddie and I will do that on Friday since I took an extra day off just to play with her.

Our little break this afternoon is because Naomi (DIL) took the babies in to see my mom and then they plan to go to the beach and play before coming back later this afternoon, early evening....maybe all that fresh air will be good for ALL of us, early bedtime maybe?

Ed is healing well, has even gotten out in the yard for walks now and then which is good for him. I pulled a straightback chair out to the deck for him to sit in a couple of times each day. Goes back to the Dr in 3 wks, should be much improved by then.

I did flip the switch on my sewing machine and sewed a 4" seam in Maddies Easter dress where it had been ripped, (on the seam, easy fix) so now I know my machine is at least still talking to me and might be ready to do something when our house is back to 2 old people and our 4 legged master. Every time I enter MCM I hear Nancy's wonderful quilts calling my name, I have a goal of getting the 7 tops finished up so that I can send them back with Ryan in October. All of the quilts that I finish for WTIL go to AMOR.


More wallpaper for Bonnie hope you like it:

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 5:38:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

You are having a great and busy time with the grandkids and Naomi--glad that Ed can stay out of the fray since he is still recovering from that surgery.

WOW, those flowers are spectacular, Pam! Wall paper or part of the summer screen saver for sure.

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:26:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

The flowers are beautiful!

I'm sure you're enjoying the visit with the grandkids but I know what you mean about having young ones around 24/7. I don't consider myself old but I don't know how I would do with young kids around all the time - I'm just not used to it anymore.

Hopefully neither of my boys will have babies anytime soon - they're still too young in mind even though I had them when I was about their age.

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 12:52:00 AM, Blogger Susan said...

There's a reason children are given to the young. =)

The flowers are lovely!

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 6:38:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

sounds like a perfect visit to me- your flowers are doing so well! thanks for the summer splash of color

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 7:57:00 PM, Blogger Fabricfaire said...

Hi Pam,
I love your rambles, sounds very familar. Gkids: "Happy they come, Happy they go!" Your blog site is so neat! I am so jealous of your petunia's. But, Oregonions seems to know how to grow them. When we visit our D & SIL & Gkids, the towns around them line the streets just gorgeous! Hope you saw my "Dancing Leaves" in full view.

 
At Saturday, August 12, 2006 5:40:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Oohh, love the flowers!

And so glad to hear your hubby's doing well too, and enjoying the grandkids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home