My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Monday, August 14, 2006

Bubble Boy

Since Ed is not able to bend over to wash his feet I sat the footbath up out on the deck last Thursday evening and washed his feet. Usually you can find me out on the deck a couple of times each month during the warm weather, glass of wine, good book and my feet soaking...but it was Ed's turn to be pampered this time.


After grandpa's feet were nice and clean JJ decided he wanted "foot bubbles" too so I cleaned up the footbath and dropped a couple of drops of bubbles in and turned on the jets....this simple act moved me right to the top of his favorite person list!!! Of course Maddie also had her turn...then rub a dub dub...the three who had been in the tub went off to bed...all 3 of them!!!We had bubbles all over everywhere! He loved it!!! I am sure it was just a grandma thing...not something that would be likely to happen at home but lots of things happen at grandma and grandpa's house that would be nixed elsewhere!!! Isn't that what gmas and gpas are for? I think so!

While Naomi did her feet I poured a glass of SeaMist Cranberry wine (my new favorite), got my book and then it was my turn~last but not least~last by design, just like I had planned all along! I cleaned up the footbath...poured in hot water and filled a pitcher with more hot hot water (knowing I would want this to last as long as possible!!!)...got out my Oregon Rain Lavendar sea salt and lavendar lotion and enjoyed 45 minutes of bliss.

Blessings in my life:
digital camera AKA my memory saver
footbath....ahhhhhh
a nice collection of soothing lavendar skin care products
Maddie's recording on our home voicemail

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 6:55:00 AM, Blogger Melzie said...

That looks tons of fun! cute cute my kids would love it too :) xoxo melzie

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:08:00 AM, Blogger Kim West said...

grandmas are for spoiling their grandkids - that looked like they had a ton of fun!

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 5:58:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

What a great idea - I love how you worked everything out so you could have your own foot soaking time.

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 6:49:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

You can put a hefty half cup size squirt of Dawn dish soap, half a bottle of glycerin, in about a gallon or so of water, and make wonderful bubble solution.

On a humid day (humidity matters, watch the weather guy) you can make semi-truck size bubbles. Or with more solution, in a kids plastic wading pool, you can use a hula hoop to make a bubble you can stand in. :)

 
At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:55:00 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

Who would be so kind as to give you the "nice collection of soothing lavendar skin care products"? I know I love my Oregon Rain stuff! I think I may take some time tomorrow for a soak of my own! Love ya, Moodle~

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:37:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

sounds like a very fun time-a foot bubble bath-very creative Pam

 
At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 1:11:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

I love those pictures of the kids--what doll babies!

 
At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:51:00 PM, Blogger Shelina said...

That looks like so much fun. I might have to purchase a foot bath so I can do that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home