My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Friday, March 24, 2006

You would think I had all the time in the world....

....to do nothing but play with my blog template for days on end. Actually, yesterday I wasn't feeling too good so I came home from the office a bit early, got into my jammies (Mary Engelbreit - scotty dogs & cherries), turned on the computer, the basketball games, grabbed a glass of water and parked myself right here...and did nothing at all...nothing but play with my template and chat.

I think it is my OCD showing! LOL.

I really enjoy knowing how things work. What makes things go. As a child (and yes, sometimes even now!) I would push a button or turn a lever not fully knowing what the consequences might be. Push this button - drinking water would come out that hole. But how? Turn that little silver thing, keep turning, keep turning - oops, now no water coming out that little hole??? So this little silver knob on this pipe is connected to the water that comes out of that hole...Oh my mother knew not to turn her back on me. Much later in life I actually took apart my sewing machine, put it back together and did not end up with extra parts!! Yay me! As long as it doesn't have anything to do with auto grease I am game!

So...with all that imbedded in me of course I had to dig into the workings of my template. I actually have had some instruction, our youngest son is an IT and streamlined his education to graduate high school with several computer education certificates as well. He has been a great help to me from time to time, but he lives in San Diego - he gets bugged by so many people about computer issues as is, so unless it is an emergency I try not to ask too many questions until he comes home (He will be home May 18...I am making a list!)

I have played with this template for a while, (actually have 2 other blogs that I contribute to and have played with those a bit too) and now I am thinking of stepping it up a bit and designing my own template (did you hear my son just groan??)...again...can we all say "OCD"?

Be watching...you never know what changes you might see.

On another note: I called in to the office today. Yep, taking the whole day off. I never do that and already feel a bit guilty. We have out of town company coming tomorrow, our house is still in limbo, MCM looks like a bomb went off in it, the guest room is still a storage area for half of our kitchen...blah blah blah...so I stayed home to try and make a dent in this mess before someone shows up to declare our home a national disaster area. I really don't feel 100% better so am justifing it that way...and I have sick time stocked up so isn't that what it is there for? Ok, just trying to convince myself it is ok to be home when I should be at the office, hubby has been known to call me a work-aholic from time to time.

On yet another note: it was sad to see Gonzaga lose last night, we have watched them move up the ranks over the last few years and we were really hoping they would continue on a bit further, maybe even to the final 4.

OK, on with the day...would have been an easier day to go to the office, but then I would have still had all this to do once I got home...so better get at it and make the most of the day.

2 Comments:

At Friday, March 24, 2006 4:06:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

LOL--you are dragging Cher and I along with you on that button poking routine, too. Still, I like what I did to mine today and would not have had the courage to mess with it if not for you.

Now if I could only get a graphic up in that header!

I love the little flowers as dividers--graphic gardens,?

 
At Friday, March 24, 2006 5:48:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

I am way bringing up the learning curve on my blog - just not enough hours or energy in my days so far!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home