My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Here Kitty Kitty

This is the other set of panel blocks I found while looking for that second set of Friendship Star blocks that I still can't find! The blue border fab really should ahv been tossed long ago, it is not the best quality and really pulled no matter what I did with it, another IIWII I am afraid. It is amazing how much can get accomplished when you ignore the dishes, ignore the telephone, ignore the computer (that one is also painful), ignore the fact you have a job to go to in the morning and set your mind on seeing how many bobbins you can empty in one setting.

I need to get as many quilts done as possible before the 26th of May so there are no fancy settings and no time to do pieced borders (I love pieced borders!). My goal is 100 quilts (no, I am not making 100 quilts by myself in that time period...several of my friends in my teeny tiny little town are making quilts in order to achieve this goal) by May/June for our family vacation with 3 of our 5 grandchildren, where we will be visiting Mickey and Minnie's house then my hubby and one of the grandchildren and I will continue on to San Diego and an orphanage in Mexico.

Here is a picture of the quilts that have been turned into me thus far. At some point I am going to have to put out an all call so I can get an idea of what our current count is.

On a non-quilty note: Hubby started sanding in the kitchen this afternoon, he is about half finished...hip hip hooray...I don't do dust, I don't do painting, I don't remodeling, but I will do dust, painting and remodeling if the end result is gonna be a new kitchen and a closet that is 3 times the size of the one we currently have.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, February 26, 2006 8:20:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

way to whip a quilt together with found blocks! I know you will give me a holler if you want our group's help in that quota..it's all the same cause. I can come your way as easy as Ellen's. Great on tossing stuff for the remodel..it's exactly what we were doing a year ago...I know how much you are gonna love the end results!
way to go Pam...hugs

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 6:45:00 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

The blue border fab really should ahv been tossed long ago, it is not the best quality and really pulled no matter what I did with it, another IIWII I am afraid.

What is an IIWII?

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 9:04:00 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

it looks great!
hugs
laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home