My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Sunday, March 12, 2006

This, That and Something Else

Yes, I have been AWOL for a few days....our server is freaking out...not sure what is going on but I am seldom able to get online. I attempted to contact a service representative but there was a language barrier...I won't even get into that!

No sewing at my house. I did manage to get the blocks done for a L&E project, but the top is not together. It will be waiting for me when I can get back to it.

Bedroom Update: we are moving right along with that project, minus the painting and hanging of pictures, which is on our summer project list. It is amazing how many pairs of socks one can have...how many pairs of blue jeans...how many neck ties. The socks are gone...the blue jeans are now in a bag for my niece who has been collecting jeans for a beach quilt...the neck ties are waiting for a few more neck ties and then will be made into a quilt for one of my boys. We removed a couple of pieces of furniture, and moved the rest of it around. I have the old closet door to sand down and then we will mount it on the wall as a headbord (turned sideways, I have been looking for an old door for months! Hubby asked me the other day why our no longer needed closet door wouldn't work DUH..it is EXACTLY what I was looking for, right under my nose!)

It was a joy to work on our bedroom all day yesterday because...

Kitchen Update: Upon arriving home from the office on Friday evening, I walked into a house with beautiful new cabinets and almost but not quite finihsed countertops. As I stepped over and around the tools and whatnot on the floor, admiring our new kitchen, something just did not "feel right". Ed had called earlier in the day to tell me the cabinet doors were wrong, and they would order new ones and just switch them out, so I figured that was what was wrong. The 2 guys installing the countertops were out in the yard when it dawned on me, I about threw up...these are not the cabinets we ordered. These are beautiful, but they are NOT the ones we ordered!! Wrong color, wrong style. How this happened and how it got this far without someone noticing I will never know.

At first I was not too frustrated over it, but as the wknd has moved along I am just sick about it-can't even walk into the kitchen without crying. The owner of the company (who helped us design the kitchen and took our order) is out of town until Wednesday, it takes 10 days to make the cabinets, 2 to install...we are looking at over 2 more wks before this will be corrected. Another added "bonus" we have been without a washer because it is connected to the kitchen sink line. Undies washed by hand again this wk! At least we have a dryer and we can always go to the kids' house to wash clothes.

So...there you have it, the long and short of why I have not been around...and most likely will not be around for a while. I just want to hole up in My Creative Mind and not come out for hmmm, let's say 3-4 wks!

Oh, did I mention we have out of town company coming for a week on March 24th? And it is our year to host the Final Four Championship Game? Joy Joy Joy!

7 Comments:

At Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:35:00 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

YIKES...that sounds awful! I hope the cabinet situation gets straightened out next week. Get some sewing done! IT's good therapy!
Hugs
Laurie

 
At Sunday, March 12, 2006 3:32:00 PM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Oooh nooo! Sorry about the cabinet mishap! You're in my thoughts!
Jeanne

 
At Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:09:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

sorry the remodeling has hit a major snag! that quality control thing...or detail thing-it's a tough one for some outfits! glad to hear the bedroom has been able to move along-one ray of sunshine girl...big hugs

 
At Sunday, March 12, 2006 8:41:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Oh, Pam - how awful! Remodeling is hard enough without something like this happening. Positive thoughts flying your way that this will be taken care of promptly and that you'll have no more mishaps.a

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006 6:53:00 AM, Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

hey-my thoughts are with you as remodeling is not for sissies! You poor thing. I agree with Laurie--go to your sewing room--it's a great mind diversion! Hope things get straightened out quickly for you!

 
At Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:01:00 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Ohhh, renovations are stressful enough without mistakes. You poor thing - no wonder why you went shopping. I hope the owner of the cabinet company can somehow rush things along for you.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At Wednesday, March 15, 2006 7:42:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I can relate to your kitchen woes. We redid ours a year and a half ago and it was a nightmare! However, hang in there - ours is beautiful now so I'm glad we went through it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home