My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Spontaneous Quilting Sesson

A group of friends here in town decided at the last minute to sew together this wknd. Everyone is making quilts for WTIL, we are working towards the goal of 100 quilts. So, last night my granddaughter and I joined a few others and "a sewin' we did go"!

I found a couple of old kits and gave KatieBug the one with no bias pieces....she is no way near ready for bias but sure she does have a mean straight and even 1/4 in seam for an 8 yr old! (yes, that is a prideful gma speaking)

I had a set of JoAnn's BOM kits from several years back, paid 50 cents for them on clearance. They are bowties and did not have the heart to send them to LindaJ since she has done so many bowties lately.

I have 2 tops to pin, Garden Pinwheels and the 1999 Friendship Stars, so will do that when I pin whatever tops we manage to get done this weekend, then it will be zoom lines or outlining to get the tops quilted and do the binding by machine. These next 70 days (before we leave for our vacation and to visit an orphange) will go fast and I am already feeling a bit of pressure to get as much done as possible.

Kitchen update:
Thursday night we met with the shop owner. He totally admitted 100% fault and reordered our cabinets as well as paid the plumber to install our sink temporarily, which happened yesterday morning. A SINK~~~~~oh the pleasures of water in the kitchen!!!

I am sorrry he has to eat the cost of the added labor and materials...but like I said, he admitted fault. He did offer us a huge discount if we would keep these cabinets, to which my dear hubby basically said, thanks but no thanks.

I really wanted (and expected) this to be over and done with by now, but the new cabinets will not be in until April 7...ugh...another 3 wks of this, but like I have said, I am immune to the boxes all over the livingroom and kitchen...I have enjoyed using up the leftover paper plates from various holidays...at least now we have a stove, oven and sink!

Maybe a pic or two posted later this evening...for now, my granddaughter is itching to get back to the sewing machine and I am still in bed, enjoying my second cup of coffee and a nice chat with LindaJ online.

5 Comments:

At Saturday, March 18, 2006 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

woohoo! a working sink in the kitchen, which means a working washing machine too! I hope you have dh slaving away to catch up on the laundry - as you have more important quilty stuff to do! Happy to hear the quilting fest going on...and can't wait to see what KatieBug comes up with next!
give her a big hug ok?

 
At Saturday, March 18, 2006 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Way to go, getting the next generation of quilters started out! Another quilt for her to take to Mexico this spring--go, KatieBug, go. I know you will have a great time with the quilting pals today and forget about the remodeling mess at home.

I think I have made pretty close to 100 bowties this month so thanks for keeping that one with you, LOL.

 
At Saturday, March 18, 2006 6:57:00 PM, Blogger Granny said...

Sounds like a fun sewing weekend. Glad your granddaughter is having fun sewing. Also glad to hear that the kitchen project seems to be working out . . even though it is going to take a bit longer.

Judy L.

 
At Sunday, March 19, 2006 7:51:00 AM, Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

hang in there--by next year this time, it will be a distant memory. Sounds like a much needed diversion--sewing with friends and your gd. What fun!

 
At Monday, March 20, 2006 11:27:00 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Looks like you did a bit of "renovations" on your blog too - it looks good. Glad to hear that the kitchen project is moving along - water is always a good thing in the kitchen. Sounds like you had fun sewing with friends and gd too.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home