My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Time for another installment of...

Ring Around the Rosie!!!

For sure I can't post a comment directly to a blog from the office...so I am sorry to tell you...this is the best I can do.

  • Vicky: My son moved to SanDiego in 2001, everyone in his office thinks he has lost his last marble during those rare times it rains...he rushes out to the parking lot and stands there soaking up as much of the rain as he can, sometimes calling us on his cell "Hey, mom, guess what I am doing?" LOL His feet are webbed...a native Oregonian
  • Laurie Ann: Salt is way too cute, that bald spot, and her badhair day. Love it!
  • Cathi: I have said this before but will repeat myself...Your Dear Jane pieces are wonderful. I am also not maverick enough for any group, but I am maverick enough for myself siince I use those "put your sunglasses on" brights from time to time. Maybe we could be a group of 2!
  • Jeanne: We bought this house 20+ years ago with great desires to do this and that and something else. Eight years ago we redid the bathroom...did not think our marriage would survive that!! In a 6 moth period of time last year we put a new roof on, new windows all around, painted, built a wrap around deck and relandscaped. I thought we were done. Hopefully this time next wk we will be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel! I am sure planning to anyway.

  • Mary and Cher....I bet it feels good to be back in your own homes...vacations are good...but you gotta go home to rest afterwards!

  • Nancy: I am so inspired to dig around in my mothers stash after reading how you are mixing your Mama's stash with your own. Momma was able to buy what she wanted when she wanted it and I know what beautiful prints she has in there, I just haven't felt like using any of it....soon...soon.

  • Joanne: I am still laughing about your hubby and his longjohns. My sister is a farmers wife and oh boy the stories she can tell. I think you should send that one into Country Woman Magazine. Hilarious!

  • Kairle: you are such a good good mommy to let Wilma live on your kitchen counter. A memory your children will treasure years down the road!

  • Amy: Been meaning to tell you...your wedding pics are wonderful..the cake beautiful...how fun. I really appreciated hearing why you celebrate and had the traditions you did at your wedding. Educational! I am so glad you shared. When Life Gives you Lemons...oh that is a darling quilt! I am gathering prints for my Chair of Bowlies quilt that will hang in my new kitchen.

  • Finn: LOL I can't take credit for the scrolling across the bottom of my blog...it is on our family blog and I just copied the javascript and pasted it into my template. Our son is a techie/geek, only he gets paid to be one!

Kitchen update: Tonight we are taking some of the cabinet doors off so that they can be saved and repurposed. Our house was built in the 1920's and as we do more and more updating and remodeling we are changing it too much! I want to keep that 20's charm as much as possible. The old cabinet doors will be painted in the center with that chalkboard paint and then hung up as chalkboards. My sister also wants one.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:03:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

Pam, glad you fessed up about Ryan being your techie guru...we all benefit from it! Good you can read and stay up with us when you are at work...now to go read what your comments are in reference to! hugs

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:28:00 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I love the way you caught up with everyone in 1 blog...

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Hi Pam,

Love your idea of what to do with your old cabinet doors. Recycling rather than tossing gives you a great feeling, doesn't it.

Loved the story about your son. There something about growing up in the northwest, isn't there. My daughter tried staying back east after she graduated from college but made it only 14 months. It wasn't us she missed so much - she missed the mountains and the lack of humidity most of the summer.

I find it interesting you can read but can't post comments at work. I wonder why? I can do both at work, even though as a financial system we have very strict controls on the computers. You solved the problem beautifully however!

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 5:28:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have always told my internet friends that Oregon/ the NoWest has seasons, when they complain that it rains too much.
Fall = some rain; Winter = more rain; Spring = some rain; Summer = less rain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home