My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Friends Among the Pines

Here is a teaser for you...these blocks have been added to other Friends Among the Pine blocks made my several other quilters. Linda and her mother Elsie made them into a beautiful quilt for WTIL's next raffle quilt. Not sure when it will be raffled, but I am thinking it won't be too far into the future.

Not a lot of quilty stuff getting done around here. Last night I managed to get the borders on my 1999 Friendship Star swap top. Tonight, after I got home from the office I added borders to my Garden Pinwheels and started the hunt for a suitable backing (didn't find anything - yet). Friday will be my next opportunity to get back to my February Goals. Hopefully these two tops will be completed quilts by Sunday night, and I am hoping to get the 2 last applique pieces to the Countryside Cottage done, kinda depends on how much packing gets done in the kitchen. Shouldn't be too difficult to complete my February goals HIP HIP HOORAY!

Not sure I am going to set any quilty goals for March. The kitchen/bedroom remodel is a priority, the longer it takes to get the kitchen and bedroom completed the longer my mind will be elsewhere. There are several things I can do in order to help me get those UFO's done without actually sewing. I can cut borders, pull backings or just pressing leaders and enders will give me a break from the remodeling when needed.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, February 23, 2006 5:27:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Love those little blocks! I've never seent hat design before - did you folks make it up? The same effect as the trees done with triangles but so much quicker!

 
At Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:32:00 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

What an interesting block... I had only seen it with 1/2 square triangles before...

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006 6:56:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

Pam- I never made any of these-let me know if you want me to make one for you :-) I just came across the pattern and know where it is!

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I love these little trees with the squares instead of triangles. What a fun way to use little scraps! And I see so many different colors working here!!

Good for you for working on borders. Ugh - I don't like borders... especially right now!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At Saturday, February 25, 2006 4:45:00 AM, Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Oh! These trees would be great leader/ender blocks! Do you know where the pattern came from??

Maybe it's in blockbase...I'll have to go looking! I need a new leader/ender project!

Bonnie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home