My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Reflections Through Momma's Eyes

Here is a better photo of my mothers Reflection quilt
(story on February 8th post).

I tried to post pictures of her recieving her Flower Fairies quilt on Valentine's Day but Blogger is not being friendly this morning and will only allow me to post this one picture. I guess Flower Fairies will be saved for another post, at a later date.

*****************
Non-quilt related stuff in my life:
The kitchen remodel is off to a good start, the cabinets have been ordered, demolition will most likely begin this wk (it was on hubby's list to firm up the date, oops, he forgot!) we need to be sure the kitchen is empty of everything so yesterday was spent going through each drawer, each cupboard-item by item, making 4 piles KEEP, TOSS, DONATE and eBay...I am happy to say the van is loaded with more bags of donation items than boxes of things we are keeping - - that is a good thing! Cracked...out to the trash, lid with no bowl...local thriftshop donation, food we won't eat...unopened to the local Food Bank -opened to the trash...each of the grandkids have a favorite drinking glass - we now have 5 kiddie glasses along with the set that matches the dishes...a bag of this and that - from this and that fast food resturant is no longer in our home, if they bring one in...they can take it home.
Hubby does most of the cooking so as we came upon an "iffy" utensil, cookware item or some such thing I deferred to him as to whether to keep it or not...he was more ruthless than I so that was a bonus! (one of the benefits of having a hubby retire early...he becomes a house hubby and does those household chores that we have shared throughout the years while I bring home a payck and needed health and retirement benefits).
Our bedroom closet is also involved in the kitchen remodel so it too had to be emptied...that was easier than the kitchen...haven't worn this in 2 years..out...what was I thinking when I bought this???...out...don't need 3 pr of tennis shoes...one pr goes out...winter jackets, what do we have mulitple winter jackets for- it never gets that cold around here for more than a day or two at a time!! keep one the rest go OUT OUT OUT.
I will call my friend who does my eBay selling to come get a bag of things I think are worth some $$, if she agrees then she will list them..if she doesn't agree then OUT OUT OUT to the local thriftshop they will go.
We have been in a Clean Sweep mode for a couple of years now and each room/area that is attacked gives us more freedom...our motto has been Less is More. I'm lovin' it!!!

3 Comments:

At Sunday, February 26, 2006 9:08:00 AM, Blogger Granny said...

That quilt is so pretty! I have a pattern for one similar but have never made it.

I can't imagine having to clean out every drawer and cabine in the kitchen. Sounds like torture but it will definitely be worth it to get a new kitchne.

Good luck with the ebay sales!

Judy L.

 
At Sunday, February 26, 2006 9:41:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Less is more ... with the exception: do not touch my fabric. The rest, I am not that heavily invested in.

New kitchen ... hmmm... dh wants a new HOUSE. I just want to sit here and sew, warm and dry.

 
At Sunday, February 26, 2006 7:01:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Good luck on the kitchen remodel. We did ours a little over a year ago and while I love my new kitchen the process was NOT fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home