My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Ring Around the Rosie...

A pictureless post, Blogger will not let me upload a pic...so...maybe later.

I finally made it all around the ring yesterday afternoon and took notes, for whatever reason I cannot post comments from work...not sure if it is Blogger or more likely it is due to the line of work I am in as my system has a high security block and I can't get out from there...either way I can read the ring, and do find time to read late in the afternoon and it is a nice way to wind down my day at the office. So...all that to say...here is another installment in a group comment post, again in no particular order:

  • *Vicki* I am in awe, your Dutch Treat blocks are amazing! and if that is your first applique project, oh my goodness...you have the knack!
  • *Mary* UFO#6, just package it up and sent it my way! The quilt is beautiful and your choice of quilting is perfect!
  • *Evelyn* sounds like you are character building, if I were there I would gladly rip those seams so you could continue stitching! 3rd Times a Charm is really fun, I love hearing the stories behind a quilt. I will have enough L&E to do my own soon, just need to decide on a pattern
  • *LJ* That is a beautiful block...the beginning of my 2006 Christmas present..that is so nice of you...what a pal! Ed will enjoy it as much as I! LOL
  • *Jan* a variety of sewing projects out of the way, crossed off your list...done done done...Way to go! How freeing that must be for you, now on to a waiting project?
  • *Karen?* Your Christmas present quilt...I love it! I saw a snippet of it in an early post and couldn't wait for to see the completed quilt, waaaay too cute! could you post the block or quilt size please? Stack and slash would make them go fast...and a single block would make a quick wallhanging gift, would be fun done in balloons for birthdays.
  • *Debby* The Lakehouse flower power quilt is so lively. I looked for the fabrics but did not find the large flower (the one cut into 4) listed for purchase? This would make a perfect quilt for my bestfriends daughters graduation.
  • *Jeanne* Please enjoy a piece of sweet potato pie for me...it smells so yummy all the way up here in Oregon!
  • *Lauri* I believe nothing is by chance...everything can be used by God's even if we don't/can't see it/realize it at first. We never know when we might be "entertaining angels unaware." Good for you to act and not discard the need you saw.

Now on to necessary things, none of which involve fabric, a sewing machine or being in My Creative Mind.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, February 26, 2006 6:21:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

Pam..blogger sure can be a pain about photos..hope you get the kitchen packed up quickly and back to the more important quilty business!

 
At Sunday, February 26, 2006 2:17:00 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Some days I have trouble with photos too.

Thanks for offering to help me rip - I have been avoiding it, but maybe it turned out to be a good thing because I finally put the borders on 3 Times A Charm!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At Sunday, February 26, 2006 4:58:00 PM, Blogger Debby Brown said...

The Lakehouse flower fabric can be purchased from quiltbasket.com, I'm sure. They are my local shop, but do a booming mail order business. If it's not on their site, email and let them know what you need.

Good luck, Debby

 
At Sunday, February 26, 2006 7:00:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Thanks Pam - glad you liked the butterfly quilt. I was gone for 5 days and I looked at it again when I got home today and I think I like it better now.

It will go with the others to the local Ronald McDonald house in August (my guild donates quilts to them once a year).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home