My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Don't Worry, Bee Happy


Friday evening, while hunting for a set of swap blocks (which I still have not located!!!), I ran across 2 sets of 6" panel blocks. What to do, what to do? One set had 6 blocks, the other has 7 - - ok, make this easy on yourself, Pam...company will be arriving in a couple of hours...no time to give this much thought.

I had some yellow and blue star fabric sitting out from Katie's quilt...and over there behind the sewing cabinet is some of that blue left over from momma's Flower Fairies...ok, those will do just fine...trim up...cut strips, start sewing...see Pam sew...sew, sew, sew...car door...company arrived? Nope...sew faster faster faster...blocks done...weekend company arrives. Later in the wknd the sashings and borders were added (these little blocks really grew!!!) while my niece and her family were visiting with momma, got those sewn on.

Company cleared out yesterday morning so I cut and pieced the backing, cut the batting and pinned...wasn't planning to quilt it but hubby was gone for a Dr appt so I got started on that...tada done!!! Another quilt towards my May 26 - 100 quilt goal (that others are helping me to achieve).

This is Don't Worry, Bee Happy...which hubby named. The name fits the panel blocks, but also fits a couple of situations we have dealt with this past wk...we both just laughed when he named it...how perfect!

On the other hand (or more accurately "the other foot") hubby's dr appt was for an infected toenail...I will leave out the details, nothing pretty about it...which had to be surgically removed yesterday. Had I known they were going to do that I would have gone to the clinic with him, but we live only a couple of blocks away so driving home wasn't too horrible for him. This couldn't have happened at a worse time as we are in need of emptying our kitchen for a remodel which will start in the next wk or so. To top that off...we also have to empty our bedroom closet as part of the remodel will be to knock out the wall between our bedroom and kitchen to enlarge our kitchen...ugh..I will post pics as the work begins.

Life Happens!

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:52:00 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Whew -- I'm breathless with that fast pace! A nice happy quilt!

We're just finishing up outside remodel work. Very disruptive, so our kitchen project is on hold for a bit till I settle back down. Good luck with your redo!

 
At Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:13:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

You are fast! Great charity quilt! Good luck with your remodel - if you and your husband can survive that you can survive anything. We did two separate remodeling projects one year apart which resulted in aobut 80% of the house being completely redone. At least with 2 bathrooms we had a usable one during each remodel. During the second phase I cooked in the garage in the microwave sitting on top of the washing machine for 6 weeks! I think doing a kitchen is the worst - unless you can afford to eat out every meal.

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006 6:55:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

the quilt turned out adorable-and used up leftover stash! way to go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home