My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Siblings


This set of photos hung on the wall above my parents bed from the time it was taken until my mother moved into the care facility, 45+ years. When my momma moved into the care facility she wanted it to hang on the wall above her bed as well but last week she indicated that she wanted it where she could see it during the day...so I moved it for her. (her room is too small for me to have gotten a good shot of it, sorry...IIWII)

Isn't this is a great photo? I have absolutely love this pic, I can't look at it without smiling. I always tell my momma that her kids just got cuter and cuter until the last one...then they stopped having kids. OK OK that is lame but it makes her laugh and you already know I will do most anything to make her laugh, smile and be happy.

Here are close-ups of each child.

Lanny

Gary

Nancy
Ricky
Yesterday I posted the picture of me.

My sister is the only one of my siblings who reads my blog...that might change after she sees this post, today might be the last post she reads LOL. None-the-less, I love this picture of my siblings and me.

Someday I will post a picture of my family (or not), including my parents. It is a picture that we kids refer to as "that picture" because we all HATE it...LOL I think I am about 5 or 6. It is dart board material...but it too always hung in a prominent place in my parents house and they loved it...for the life of me I will never know why!!! Currently it is hanging in my mothers room...right where everyone who walks past her door can see it! UGH!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Saska said...

This is a great photo. You can tell it means a lot that she would want it close-by.

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 12:55:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

AWWWWWWWWW. Precious to her so I can see why she needs it where she can see it. You were a little cutie, Pam!

We have a picture of us 3 oldest kids that we have termed the "rat trap picture". I think Dad was trying to get a picture of us to include in the Christmas cards one year but you have never seen such sullen children. Maybe I'll pull that out of the photo album to scan but it might frighten everyone away, LOL.

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:28:00 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I get it--the kids got cuter and cuter and then they had you right--cutest one of all! *LOL* Wonderful picture--I can understand why your mom wanted it moved to where she could look at it!

 
At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:29:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

What an family heirloom to have. I bet your mom smiles every day she sees those photos.

 
At Wednesday, January 31, 2007 5:03:00 AM, Blogger Carol said...

What a wonderful picture...a real treasure!

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2007 6:14:00 AM, Blogger Shelina said...

Pam, what a great picture. When I first saw it, I had two thoughts - wow she has lots of siblings, and I want one of those for my family!
Turns out there are two of each person. So now I still have the thought that I should make one of those for my family. You could think about making a copy of that photo for each of your siblings. Or maybe make one that has one of their photos from this frame, and add a more recent photo for the second one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home