My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Friday, January 26, 2007

He Just Loves to Buffalo Me!

Ed has been telling me for weeks that a rancher just out of town has added a few head of buffalo in with his cattle. "Yes, dear...Right, dear...No doubt, dear." So, off we would go, time and time again, in search of said buffalo. "No, dear, I don't see buffalo...do you? Are you sure you saw buffalo?" On and on it has gone. This has been going on for weeks, probably months. Nothing...no buffalo. I finally told him to knock it off, he was just pulling my leg and I wasn't going to fall for it again, I knew the difference between a cow and a buffalo and each time the field was full of cows....cows...not buffalo, so just leave it be! (Retired husbands can find more things to occupy a working wives time!!!)

Yesterday Ed had an errand to run in the next town over and yep, you guessed it...he came home telling me that he saw the buffalo again. OK, now I will admit to being gullible, I will admit that I will fall for most anything that will make me laugh, I will admit I am a kid at heart and am willing to jump in the car and go see just about anything unusual...(part of that is from living in a teeny tiny town for 30 years the NEED for hunting up the unusual).

Today I got off work a bit early and as I walked in the door I told Ed: "OK I'm ready, let's go on a buffalo hunt!! And if there are no buffalo in that dang field YOU can buy me an ice cream cone." He said, "Fine, let's go...but if there ARE buffalo in that field then YOU can buy me a rootbeer float!" We shook on it and off we went...this time with camera in hand because IF there were buffalo in that field he wanted proof, just incase I sorta forget down the road. (I think it is because he wanted gloating proof....LOL)

Off we went, blue sky above us, camera in hand...and ice cream money in HIS pocket so he could make good on our bet.

This is what we found in the field....
...and he said it was the best rootbeer float he has had in a long time! Dang it, hate it when I am wrong!!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Friday, January 26, 2007 4:45:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

LOL....!!

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 5:48:00 PM, Blogger SuBee said...

Isn't that great?? we have friends who have a herd of buffalo and they never fail to thrill. What fun day you had!

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 6:10:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I think you tell a really good story on yourself. =)

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 11:18:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Heh, I'd have thought the treat he'd be craving for winning that bet would be a big box of buffalo wings. :D

 
At Saturday, January 27, 2007 6:46:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Too funny! Too bad they didn't stay out of site until after YOU had gotten your ice cream cone....and then been there as you passed the field on your way home.....LOL

 
At Saturday, January 27, 2007 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Darlene said...

Just popping in to say Hi as I work my way through the Stash Quilts Ring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home