My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Can you feel it????

....Spring is just around the corner and I have the proof.This crocus bud greeted me after work yesterday, poking his little head up and showing of promises of a pretty yellow blossom real soon. DH and I always race to see who finds the first bit of color, I won this year...well, at least I think I won...I think sometimes sees the first color but lets me think I do! This happy little guy entertained us during my lunch today. He was hunting for his lunch out in the back yard and having a happy time of it! Even though the Western Meadowlark is the Oregon State Bird we don't see too many of them here. (and there is one less for us to see and enjoy....the neighborhood cat terrorist deposited one on the sidewalk this afternoon~~~good thing Meow was sleeping inside or he would be in big trouble!!)

Spring is around the corner folks...and now you have seen the proof.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 6:21:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Wow! From winter to spring in just a few days! I like "Death of Snowman". Great picture.

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:08:00 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

So there is hope that spring is around the corner! I am so glad to see a sign of spring--even if just a small one! I hope the crocus in your yard means that the spring weather is headed North! We sure need spring and an end to these winter storms up here.

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:15:00 PM, Blogger SuBee said...

Whoo-hoo!! Do I see your daffodils peeking up too? Mine are about 3 inches tall -- there is LIGHT at the end of the tunnel :-)

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2007 4:13:00 AM, Blogger Shelina said...

We've had signs of spring here too - and it is scary, because they won't survive when winter actually comes.

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2007 8:27:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

welllllll, not so sure I feel it today when I am freezing my hoo-hah's off, LOL but this too will pass. The camellia is trying to bloom and I saw some tulip trees starting to flower on the way into town the other day. I was like "NOOOOO, you confused plants--stop! Freezing weather is coming"

 
At Friday, January 19, 2007 5:56:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

love the photos Pam

 
At Friday, January 19, 2007 6:26:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hurray for snowdrops, crocuses and daffodils - they remind you that even the thick of AWFUL winter Sprin will come :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home