My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Friday, January 26, 2007

And then there were three....

January, February and July are complete (minus the embellishments which I will do on all 12 at once). Aren't they cute?

I think I may have a problem on my hand once this is a done done project...you see...when I finished January I took it to show momma...she wanted it pinned to a wallhanging where she could see it. No problem, I thought, I will pin each one up there as I get them done and she can keep up on the progress and encourage me along the way. Last night I took July up to show her and pin to her wallhanging. She ooh'ed and aah'ed and yakked about it, giving it her stamp of approval. I was almost done with February so worked on that until it was finished but didn't leave it because I wanted to get a picture of it...OH NO....NOT ON HER LIFE was she going to let me out of her room with February...it was to be pinned to her wallhanging where she could see it, end of story! Man...I had to do some major fast talking to get it out of there. I think this is going to be a shared quilt~one month for you...one month for me...one month for you...one month for me. LOL Not a problem...if she enjoys it, it can hang in her room as long as she wants it to.

The following three EQ drawings are my top 3 choices (in order) for setting these darling snowmen blocks. I like them all but the first one I really like for all the lacey white space it offers, like the airy-ness of snowflakes falling...thus far it is the setting I go back to as my favorite, but the other two settings are calling my name as well...just not as loudly LOL.
And just to keep up todate on antenna balls...this is is currently on the car....no, I don't consider myself to be a princess....yes, there is a story behind it...KatieBug gave me this antenna ball because "Gramma, I don't have a car, but I wanted this antenna ball. Can you save it for me until I get a car?" She was 4 years old at the time LOL...Kids say the darnest things! Art Linkletter would have found a challenge in our precious granddaughter!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At Friday, January 26, 2007 8:52:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Love the way your snowmen are turning out. And sounds like Mama does too. :-) You know when it's done it's going to have to live with her. That is if she lets you have the blocks back to embellish them and put the quilt together. LOL!

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

These are so cute. I've succumbed and printed out the patterns - also enlarged them to three different sizes. I really like your ideas for settings. I think I like the first one the best also.

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 3:09:00 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Are you deciding to embelish so that you can finish your blocks faster than me? nudge, nudge *LOL* I love the blocks in purple! Three months complete--well done! I am almost done Feb.--he just needs eyes and the "buttons" down the front. If I was a little smarter, I think I would have opted for the beaded eyes that Linda J mentioned in the beginning instead of the French knots. I made one knot today and can't seem to make another. I will try again later tonight. I agree with Patti and like that first setting the best.

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 4:53:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

You are buzzing right along with these but your mom is really getting into the blocks--you best take that February one back to join January soon!

I like all three but just to be different, I'll take door #3. LOL, you know we both had considered it.

Fun playing in EQ, isn't it? I was playing with some nine patch ideas today but just kept it a boring block and plain alternate because I had already cut a bunch of them. I'll save the zigzag for something else I would like to do and this can be quilted with a simple 3 x 3 grid.

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 6:10:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I like #3 the best myself.

 
At Saturday, January 27, 2007 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Quilting Kim said...

Great job on the snowmen. I now wish that I had stitched mine in red rather than blue (but, it's too late unless I decide to do another set.) I like setting #1 and #3 the best -- decision, decisions, decisions. I am going to keep up with your progress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home