My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Monday, January 15, 2007

Snowmen, snowgirls and more snowmen...

By now you would think I would be getting pretty tired of snow...well, I guess I might be a tad tired of snow...but it is pretty much impossible for me to ever get tired of snowmen.

This is the snowman the kids made this on Saturday....
Here he is again, taken Sunday afternoon, Rex titled this picture "Death of a Snowman"....
Here is my momma with the snowgirls we made this afternoon...hey, if momma can't get to the snow...the snow will get to momma!!
Here is my PURPLEwork snowman, January is done minus the embellishment, which will be snowflake charms. It is hanging up in my mothers room because I will be working on these while visiting with her, she didn't want me to bring this one home, rather she wanted it to be pinned to her MOMMA wallhanging. That's ok with me, she can watch the progress and keep me plugging along should I get lazy about it. (sorry the pic is fuzzy...). LindaJ is to blame for this new project of mine, and Norma was right in there with her, pressuring me...tempting me...giving me all kinds of hassell and frustrations until I caved, those two will get you in trouble in a blink of an eye! I hear there are rumblings of others joining the crowd.

So, there you have it my Snowman Post of the day!!!

Here is another pic of my mother. We had told her that IF it snowed we would fill a container and bring her some snow...I think she forgot because when she took the lid off the container and ...well....a picture is worth a thousand words, don't you agree?? She laughed and laughed. There was enough snow to make 2 snowgirls (a momma one and a little girl one(*¿*) ) and a couple of snowballs to keep close by just in case one of her not-so-favorite nurses should happen to step foot in her room...which they didn't! LOL I love to see my momma laugh! There is basically NOTHING that I won't try to get away with if it means bringing even a teeny tiny amount of joy to my mother. Yes, there are rules at the care facility she is living in. Yes, we have been "versed" on these rules (and versed again!). Yes, I know those rules are meant for a purpose. But~~ HELLO ~~ this is my mother we are talking about! And I do love to spoil her!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Monday, January 15, 2007 4:48:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Awww, looks like you've been having some fun with that snow! I think giving your mom something to laugh about (ths snow) and look forward to (the making of the snowmen blocks) is GREAT therapy, no matter what the nurses there say. :)

 
At Monday, January 15, 2007 6:21:00 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Way to go, Pam! You finished your block in record time! I love the idea of embelishments. Your snowman in purple looks great! I don't blame your mom for wanting to keep the block near. It looks like the snow was a welcome surprise for your mom! Watch those rules!

 
At Monday, January 15, 2007 6:34:00 PM, Blogger Gail said...

Forget the quilty stuff- look at the lady laugh! Good going, amazing what a little snow can do for the spirit.

 
At Monday, January 15, 2007 6:57:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

I'm like Norma--can't believe how quickly you got that one done especially since I know the grandkidlets were there and would keep you hopping! Good that your momma can enjoy the snowman block this month.

That picture of her laughing at the container of snow is priceless!

 
At Monday, January 15, 2007 9:13:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

It's nice that you Mom got to enjoy the snow too!

 
At Tuesday, January 16, 2007 4:23:00 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Oh,how I would have loved it if this story had included your momma throwing a snowball at a nurse! hehe. What a sweet simple idea, that brought so much joy to your mom. Good for YOU!

 
At Friday, January 19, 2007 8:38:00 PM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Pam, I love the idea of you taking snow to the care facility..LOL In reality, it probably tickled the help also, I'm sure it bring them happiness to see the residents happy. A smile is worth a month of pills.
And how cool that you are doing your snowmen in purple...LOL Purple actually crossed my mind today, as I have been trying to decide what color to make them.
I did like the set that LJ sent along, didn't you?? really makes a neat quilt without too much extra cutting and sewing. Hope you snow is over for this year..you've got more than WI. Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home