My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Progress and stuff

I am continuing to work on Gramma's Aprons...there is a faint light at the end of the tunnel!! I have set a goal of having this done-done within a short while and will continue to plug along.
There are only 2 sides left to do and but I have run into a bit of a calculation problem. One side and a corner spaced out evenly and I am very happy with the outcome...the spacing on the second side has gotten off and for the life of me, I cannot find where or how...I decided I could "do it my way" and make an adjustment, which is what I have done...the top, one corner and one side are done. I am not sure how the spacing got off, but it did, the quilt measures out right...but the marking didn't!!! I need to mark the bottom and see what I come up with...maybe a need for some more creative marking...hopefully not!!!

Monday you will find me in MCM getting backings ready for 9-10 quilts. I may have already mentioned that a friend and I have reserved 2 quilting machines for January 19-21. The shop owner will let you use her machines FREE if you are quilting for charity, which we are. Reservations are hard to get, we made these reservations back in September!!! I am hoping we can look at her books and get another reservation in sooner than later!

Ed and I have two grandkids with us this weekend. Rex (14) and Kaitlyn (9). We're having a blast, as always! Katie and I cooked dinner last night: Baked Ziti, cheese bread, green beans. Sometimes I forget how much a 14 yr old boy can consume!! Today we went to town (drove on icy roads!) where the guys went to see Pursuit of Happyness and us girls went to see Charlottes Web. I had thought we were all going to Pursuit of Happyness but Katie said she didn't want to see a sad movie...HA!! at the end of Charlotte's Web Katie and I were both using our salty popcorn napkins to mop the tears off our faces and blow our noses when Charlotte died! LOL we are so silly!

I wanted to share a couple more snow pictures. I love snow...(oh, I said that earlier, didn't I?? LOL) This pic was taken at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday as I was headed off to the office. At 11 a.m. I left the office and did not return...it had continued to snow and we had gotten quite a bit more, plus there was a nice layer of ice under it. Before I left the office I rescheduled appts, no reason for anyone to be out in that! We still have plenty of snow on the ground, roof tops are still covered with snow. Temps remain in the 30's so it isn't melting and if it should melt it just freezes into ice. The kids were given a "Yahtzee" weekend...5 days off in a row!

This next pic is of Rex and Katie's snowman, it was waaay too cold to be outside (22!!) so they made a quick snowman and came inside...they made a snowman because they wanted Ryan to see the snow. They raided the jar on the kitchen counter that is full of odds and ends of toys and etc since Mr. Snowman needed a few friends, a pet or two and some wheels...his hat is a cupcake paper, his nose is a toothpick....no eyes because the cheerios wouldn't stick on him, Rex said that was ok because he is sleeping...actually, he is lucky to have a head at all since his head kept falling off!! They had a good time and both came in with RED hands, cheeks and noses!
This pic is of JackFrost on my dogwood tree, isn't it beautiful? I should have played around with the settings on the camera before taking this pic but I didn't...all of the trees and plants in our yard were covered with frost this morning, it was just as beautiful as the snow has been.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At Saturday, January 13, 2007 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Wow - you got way more than we did!

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007 5:22:00 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

Your snow and frost look beautiful. We have a lot of snow but it is way too cold to build snowmen. The snow won't stick. Great for skiing though.

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007 5:44:00 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend with the grandkids. What more a grandchild need? Grandparents, snow, movies, food, sounds like a slice of heaven to me.

Your snow pictures are great. We are getting some snow today and tomorrow, not nearly enough, but enough to make driving a little tough.

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I know you all are having a great time with the kids. Hope TK did well at his match and everyone has safe travel with those icy roads and freezing fog conditions.

Inventive kids with that snowman!

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007 5:11:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I love snow too - we're supposed to get 5-8 inches tonight and tomorrow so we'll see. We haven't had any since New Year's Eve.

 
At Sunday, January 14, 2007 7:43:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't read blogs in a while so I skimmed over yours tonight. Your treadmill story is priceless. Made me laugh out loud. Glad you're having fun with Grands!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home