My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hold your babies tight, no matter their age


PFC Thomas "Tommy" Tucker went to school with my nephew. He was a year behind AJ but they played together and grew up together...that is how it is in small town America. Everybody knows everybody and when one hurts everyone else hurts too.

I spoke with my sister after Tommy came up missing, I spoke with her again this evening. The town is banning together, drawing comfort from each other.

This picture is of the lights illuminating a row of flags outside the Tuckers' home Monday evening. The family is holed up inside, the sherriff's dept has been guarding the house, protecting their privacy.

Tonight hold your children tight, call them if they are not where you can see them. Life is too precious and we don't always remember that until we hear about families like the Tucker's, the Menchaca's, the Babineau's and many other families who are dealing with such tragic loss.

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 21, 2006 6:55:00 PM, Blogger MARCIE said...

Our hearts break for the families of these soldiers, as well as for the many others who have sons or daughters that are not returning. I hope they can feel our prayers and eventually find comfort.

 
At Thursday, June 22, 2006 5:48:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

yes, we must treasure our children always.

 
At Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:01:00 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

My boys are just a little older than the soldiers ... I'm holdig them ALL in my heart.
Jeanne

 
At Thursday, June 22, 2006 3:00:00 PM, Blogger Granny said...

You are so right! As the mother of an 18 year old son, that news broke my heart and just reading your blog brought more tears. I feel so bad for the families left behind.

Judy L.

 
At Saturday, June 24, 2006 8:26:00 PM, Blogger Finn said...

There just doesn't seem to be any way to ease their pain, either except to "be there" for them. The heartache stretches so far past the day and week of the loss. I know we have been sending our sons off to war forever, but I don't think it gets any easier.

 
At Monday, June 26, 2006 9:08:00 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

OH dear...prayers for the family. It's all I can do.
Hugs
Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home