My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Thursday, June 15, 2006

URGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Well, it is probably happening all over everywhere...but last night it happened to us.

Yesterday I filled my dad's vehicle up, $49.50. This morning it is empty. GRRRRR!!!! Frustration! Our vehicles have locking gas caps, but this vehicle belonged to my dad and I am only driving it so we can show it around with a "for sale" sign in it (can't sell it while it is sitting in storage!). I guess when I get into town we will be shelling out for a locking cap for this vehicle as well....GRRRR! Double GRRRRR!

On a quilty note....I think I am almost ready to get back into My Creative Mind. It has been a long dry spell for me, I tend to go in spurts, but this time I have given myself permission to not feel guilty about not sewing, which has taken alot of pressure off me. For me that is huge!!! So, other than ironing each morning I have spent little to no time in MCM for months. Now I hope to get back to it. I really wanted to get the kitchen walls decorated and our bedroom painted/decorated before I ventured back to the sewing machine but I think I will get Niles' TATW cut out and get that done, it should be a quick little quilt, enough to get my mind back into quilt mode. It is always helpful for me to see progress, if I can get Niles' quilt done and get a few of the tops Nancy sent quilted and bound I should be back on track soon!

Here's another pic of our vacation...let me know when you tire of them and I promise to quit boring you to tears. This is my bestest of all bestest buds, Franki. This pic was taken just prior to our designated "cry time." We allow ourselves cry time whenever we have to say "see you later" at the end of a visit. She lives in San Diego and we don't get to see each other nearly as often as we need to, want to, or can. We are so thankful for email and unlimited minutes on our cell phones, otherwise our husbands would be broke from airline tickets and long distant phone charges. Franki's oldest daughter, Molly, had her graduation party while we were in San Diego. We asked her if she wanted us at graduation or her party...she choose the party and we had a blast. Franki and I got up early preparing for the party and stayed up waaaay too late cleaning up the pool house and putting away the leftover food but it was worth every minute of laughing, crying and being amazed at what teenagers do to have fun (all good-clean fun!). This year Franki and I are going to get a bonus visit as they will be traveling through Oregon on their family vacation, headed to Canada in August.

OK, enough is enough....gotta get ready for Tristan's last baseball game.

Blessings in my life today:
Warm air on my skin
My son helping me with a computer issue
Beautiful hanging baskets full of color
My funny cat...keeping us in stitches

3 Comments:

At Friday, June 16, 2006 5:59:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

I am not bored with your vacation photos..glad to hear you are thinking about doing some sewing-summer can be so busy with other life things!

 
At Friday, June 16, 2006 6:41:00 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

You and Franki look like sisters!

BTW I had not heard about gas stealing.... But with the prices that they are charging it does not suprise me.... unfortunately!

 
At Saturday, June 17, 2006 7:41:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

good picture of the two of you, Pam. We have heard you talk about your friend and now we know what she looks like. Amy is right--you could be sisters but I suspect that you probably feel like you are anyway, even if not by blood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home