My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Saturday, June 17, 2006

I take it back....

....I had assumed someone had helped themselves to my freshly filled gas tank, but have sense found out that the instrument panel fuse blew in my dad's van. Relief washed over me, then was replaced by shame...why did I think the worst of others? Partly because there have been gas thieves in our community. None-the-less, I did accuse an unnamed, faceless person of stealing and it just did not happen.

Today has been a very productive day, not in MCM, but in the yard. Got up early and watered my baskets, enjoying the growth and color. Then enjoyed some time on the deck while the air was warming up. Our Koi are getting more and more active with the sun warming up thier little home, I could sit for hours and watch as they dart around chasing and being chased.

Ed has not been feeling well lately (currently dealing with a disk issue) but he did come out and sit with me while we enjoyed a cup of coffee. Last wknd we purchased a new pond kit, which would require digging a 90 gallon hole in the yard. Nothing he could do with a bad back so it has been sitting there getting moved around abit so we could decided just how we wanted it placed. Today I decided it has been shifted and twisted and adjusted enough. It was where we wanted it and the next step was to get that hole dug and get it in the ground and filled with water so we could add Koi in a couple of months. But again, Ed isn't up for it and there is no way I could do it...so, I called our oldest grandson, Rex to the rescue!

First he mowed the lawn for his grampa and then he started to dig...and dig...and dig...oh my goodness that boy just dug and dug and dug. In 2 hrs time he had the lawn cut and the hole just about right. Not bad for a 13 yr! thanks Rex, you are the greatest! I am afraid if we had had to wait until Ed was up to it, it would not have gotten done until August or September....it was higher on my priority list than on his.

While he was digging, I baked an Oregon 4 Berry Pie. (Blackberries, Marionberries, Huckleberries and Boysenberries) Not sure what is going on, but I have been spending more time in the kitchen lately....I think I must be ill!

As for MCM...well, I wasn't in there today, but I am working up to it, I promise. I was looking for a quilt related pic to post...just to prove I AM a quilter...but ran across these pics taken at a quilt retreat (there is the connection). Each year at camp I would put a surprise at everyone's work spot, never a note of who did it, but they all knew it was me. These are Martha Stewart Slippers. My niece, Mandy, and I made 38 pr of these slippers...and as was our tradition, waited until everyone had gone to bed (well past 2 am) and then put a pair of these where each person had their machine. Some people found surprises in there slippers. Oh do I wish we had been up to hear the laughter! For the most part, they went over well...much laughing and giggling...but there were a few who did not see the humor! Oh well...WE thought it was funny. Here is the ditty we printed up and attached to each pair:

Benefits of using these "Pad-About" Slippers:
a. Soft and Hygienic
b. Non-slip grip strips on the soles
c. Built-in deodorant feature - keeps feet smelling fresh
d. No more bending over to mop up spills
e. Disposable, biodegradable and environmentally safe
f . Three convenient sizes: Regular, Light and Get out the Sand Bags!

7 Comments:

At Sunday, June 18, 2006 5:39:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Pam, it wasn't until I clicked open the picture of all the slippers that I realized just what you and Mandy had made them with. LOL. I would be in the group of laughing my butt off but the more prudish would be having a cow about it, I guess. So nicely decorated too.

Rex to the rescue--what a good kid!

You are at least thinking of getting back to MCM so that is a start..when you are too busy to even do that, it is miles away.

 
At Sunday, June 18, 2006 8:10:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

How fun! I can't believe some people were offended! That's just plain silly!

 
At Sunday, June 18, 2006 9:20:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

wish we were on retreat together! these slippers are just the right giggly note!

 
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 1:46:00 PM, Blogger Marlublu said...

I lost my instructions for those slippers, now I can make them and give them to my menopause friends.LOL

 
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 4:05:00 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

LOL, that was so funny! I could have used my pair to put in my pj's while we were making them AND putting them out! Love ya! M~

 
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006 7:55:00 PM, Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

too funny! I'll have to remember that one. You and Mandy probably had a ball making them. :)

 
At Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:50:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

Have you seen the tampon angels too?

*evil grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home