My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

As Good As It Gets...

for now at least. I am done tinkering with my template at this point in time. Like it? I do. I am country at heart and these graphics speak to who I am.

It has been a busy few days, a good busy. While my niece, Mandy, and her daughter, MacKenzie, were here we managed to do a few crafty type things..but no sewing. We made candle holders out of old bed springs, can't invision it? I will post a picture as soon as I get them hung from the ceiling, then we painted some clay pots in which to make a couple of these bird baths and a set of lamps. The lamps are for my newly re-decorate/re-modeled bedroom, the birdbaths are gifts my niece will be giving to a couple of her friends for Mother's Day gifts.
.
We also managed to get a few cards made but not nearly as many as we had hoped to.

Two summers ago I claimed the strip of lawn that connects our front yard to our back yard...named it my Courtyard and started creating a place to call my own. Put in a park bench, scalloped the lawn, added 2 wonderful topiaries, some yummy scented honeysuckles, beautiful clematis', a little of this and a little of that...a wonderful place to have my morning cup of coffee or a fresh glass of iced tea on a hot summer evening. Since I have added a couple of other Mary Engelbreit (my fav of all fav whisical artists) touches to my Courtyard I will be making one of these birdbaths to add as well.

On a quilty note: I got nothing to share NADA...ZIPPO...ZILTCH... but I am looking at patterns for a table topper. That is the best I can do. I have 3 quilts pinned and ready to zoom, they will be a quick finish --- so why am I stalled at getting them done? Your guess is as good as mine!

Well, it is almost the end of March..and thus far I have managed to be successful with my March goal: to keep my sanity! Today the call came that the second set of cabinets are not expected to be delivered until April 7...which is a Friday so they will not be here to uninstall the first set and install the second set until Monday the 10th. UGH...Another few wks yet. Looks like my April goals will be the same as my March goals. Let's see if I can do this gracefully.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:39:00 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Oh so pretty.

 
At Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:36:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Your bird bath and lamp are perfect! Please post pictures of your new outside spot - it too sounds perfect! I really like the new look of your blog - definitely country!

 
At Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:55:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

looking forward to seeing photos of the lamp you made and of course the bed spring candles...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home