My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Monday, February 20, 2006

Go! Fight! Ducks!


Oregon Ducks are we! One year for Christmas I made my husband this Duck quilt, flannel and warm. It is done with the 6 hr method with flannel as the batting..heavy and warm, he loves it. Grandson Tristan also got one just like it and not to leave anyone out, Grandson Rex got one too...but he is not a Duck he is a trader...he is a Beaver so his quilt is orange and black. Using this method was an easy way to get that large "O" on both sides.

No quilting going on at my house this long weekend. My niece, Mandy, and her family (husband Wayne and daughter MacKenzie) came over to see my mother and are staying with us. It has been a fun, and busy weekend with my granddaughter Kaitlyn spending time here with MacKenzie...two peas in a pod are those girls!

Mandy is like a daughter to me and we always find something fun to do - - so this wknd we made cards...get well cards, birthday cards, just because cards. We always have fun creating together: scrapbooking, card making and sewing are right up there at the top of things we choose first. Blogger is NOT letting me load any of those pictures!!! I will try again later.

Back to quilting this afternoon when the company clears out, bedding has been washed and My Creative Mind (aka my sewingroom) has been straighten up. Next up for the machine is "Don't Worry Bee Happy" 6 litte panel squares that grew and grew and grew. Hopefully it will be a finished quilt by Wednesday evening.

3 Comments:

At Monday, February 20, 2006 9:25:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

My husband's favorite quilt is a flannel one. He's not crazy about the colors (brights) but it's extra big and all flannel. He loves it.

 
At Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:34:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Great college quilts! And the O's for the Oregon schools are so easy to do. I love the idea, but I don't think I could do a "W" nearly that easily!

:-)

 
At Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:08:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

Go Pam...those flannel quilts are always a hit-looking forward to the Bee Happy project...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home