My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

This is Why I Do What I Do

Since 1999 I have enjoyed using the gift God gave me to bless others through Wrap Them in Love and AMOR Ministries. In 2004 the blessing was mine as my son and a few of his co-workers took me to Ensenada and together we delivered 100 quilts to Kings Kids orphanage. Look at these beautiful faces...these deep dark brown eyes...THIS is why I do what I do. My youngest son, Ryan..with his newly found friend who spent the day shadowing him, this little guy did not want Ryan to leave when we had to say good-bye. These 2 little angels did NOT want me to help them open up their quilts...once they were given a quilt all they wanted to do was keep it folded up and hold on to it tight, it was like pulling teeth to get them to open them up long enough for this picture to be taken, the orphanage director told us they were afraid we would take them back.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:36:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I also make a lot of quilts for charity. Whenever people tell me I should be selling my quilts I always respond that its worth much more to me to give them away.

How great that you get to see what the quilts mean to the recipients.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:17:00 AM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

An excellent thought for all those quilters who are wondering what to do with a surplus of novelties! It looks like those quilts are going to get lots of loving.

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:53:00 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

thanks for sharing the photos. That, right there, is why so many of us make quilts for charities.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:03:00 AM, Blogger Kairle Oaks said...

Those are the faces of angels! Those quilts must make them feel so special!
Kairle

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

glad you are able to share your quilts with such great causes!

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 8:08:00 AM, Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

what a blessing you were you able to receive by looking at those precious faces! A lot of us make charity quilts, but never get to see them passed out. Thanks for sharing, and in some small way, we get to see what our gifts and talents bring to others. Thanks for sharing with us!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home