My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Log Cabin Baskets





These baskets were made for a Wrap Them in Love raffle quilt, several of us (including LindaJ and Cher) donated blocks, another gal did a wonderful job of setting the blocks, then another gal did the quilting and binding. You can see the finished quilt here, it is very pretty. The bonus with this raffle project was for each 2 blocks you made, your name went in a hat and the extra blocks where then won by a drawing. Many of us really wanted those extra blocks...one of us (me) did not win...drats! Although I really am not too broken hearted - some very deserving ladies recieved the extras and, IMHO, this block speaks my beloved 30's retro prints to me, so if I ever do make a quilt like this it will be in those wonderful prints of yesteryear.


I took this picture last week in our back yard. My yard is blooming! Spring is near!

6 Comments:

At Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:15:00 AM, Blogger Granny said...

Those baskets are so pretty! What is that blooming?

Judy L.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Very cute blocks - I love the praire points.

You commented on my blog about being a handquilter - I underdstand what you are talking about - I can't possibly do everything I want to do, there just isn't enough time. It's sad because I don't even work anymore and the more time I have to quilt, crochet, and knit - the more projects I want to do.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 12:43:00 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I have never seen this pattern before - the little baskets are lovely! I see that Spring comes earlier to Oregon than Austria - lucky you!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 5:16:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Wonderful quilt Pam - and that pattern is perfect for 30's fabrics. I've not seen that pattern before either. Can you share your source!

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:30:00 PM, Blogger Debra Dee said...

Definitly you should make this quilt in 30's fabric....no if about it.

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 5:37:00 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

those baskets are adorable...thanks for sharing
hugs
laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home