My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Friday, February 17, 2006

Florida Braids and Flowering Plum


The fabrics for this wallhanging (that actually is tossed over the back of the glider rocker) were purchased while on a quick trip to Florida. I had flown to Hollywood Florida to spend 4 days sewing with about 20 women whom I had met on the WTIL list. No one knew I was going, it was a surprise to everyone (OK, LindaJ knew- - -but she wasn't talking either). How fun it was to keep it a secret. How fun it was to be introduced to each friend who I new by name but had never laid eyes on. We sewed non-stop with only one quick LQS break, these prints are what I found on my shopping trip. This is foundation pieced. Help me out LJ-Cher, what year was this 2000??






You asked, it's a Flowering Plum...here is another picture of it taken the same day. The day I took these pictures I went around the yard and took pictures of several things that were blooming...then we froze, so my tulips and daffodils are now sadly hanging their heavy heads. I am so pleased that not all of them had opened up, maybe there is still hope of having a few survive.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home