My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Friday, February 10, 2006

My Dandy aka Almost Amish

For my birthday, two years ago, a dear friend gave me 15 FQ's packed in a fun wooden crate and tied up with a ribbon, 5 colors in 3 prints each. Last year, on my birthday I cut into them and began my "Almost Amish" quilt using the Dandy Block. I say Almost Amish because the FQ are all tone on tone in prints (like this picture of a yellow block). This was quilted in a meadering pattern with varigated thread which is really pretty on the solid black setting squares. Sadly, this picture doesn't do the color justice.

My 3rd finished UFO in 2006, I'm on a roll and excited to see my projects as well as my mother's many unfinished quilts finished and being used. A few more personal projects and then back to WTIL projects with a goal of taking 100 quilts with me to San Diego in May.

8 Comments:

At Friday, February 10, 2006 8:48:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Very pretty. I love what you did with the border. I've got more black and bright quilts planned and those small squares may be just the border I need for one of them.

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:10:00 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

The brights are great! And what a perfect place to showcase variegated thread!

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:31:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

It's a beautiful happy quilt. Don't you just love varigated thread? I'm nuts about it - I have as much variagated thread for my longarm as solid color thread.

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2006 7:36:00 AM, Blogger dot said...

This is a really pretty quilt. I love the colors against the black. I love to use black in quilts, it semms to add punch to the quilt. Good job.

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This quilt is great! I love the top and bottom border treatment - great job :-)

 
At Saturday, February 11, 2006 2:04:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

yep, this is a great bright quilt! and remember, I have first dibs on it!

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 11:51:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful quilt ... showcases your talents and adaptability.

 
At Sunday, February 12, 2006 5:17:00 PM, Blogger Granny said...

That's so pretty! I love what you did with the borders.

Judy L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home