My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Wonky 30's Swap aka KYS


These blocks are part of an online swap I participated in many years ago. I totally love 1930 Reproduction prints. Over the course of a few years I have used a few of the blocks on various clothing items and etc, which left me with 31 4.5 unfinished blocks...what to do, what to do...Wonk 'em!!! 30 for the front and I put one on the back for the label. I should have used a darker border fabric...but I will stick with my motto...."Done is a very good word!"

On another note: Today I got my mother's Flower Fairies back from the quilter...it is beautiful! I rushed home, trimmed it up, sewed the binding down and got out the needle and thread...I have about 5' left to do and have totally run out of steam....gotta get it finished tomorrow...it is for her Valentine's Day surprise. Pictures tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At Monday, February 13, 2006 5:44:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

Great way to set those blocks. A very nice wonky, maverick quilt top. Well done! I love 30's prints also.

 
At Monday, February 13, 2006 7:39:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

I think that color border is fine Pam on your wonky 30's quilt-have fun quilting it! And won't your mom be delighted with yet another finished quilt she started! She is going to think you are her quilting fairy :-) I know you will love putting it around her tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home