My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Friday, February 09, 2007

So....let's try this again...

Blogger has been a royal pain in my fanny!!! I am having a hard time posting a comment on other peoples blogs...and if I can post I have to sign in for almost all comments, even if I am already signed in...sigh...

I wrote up a post to post to my own blog and my computer shut down on me...what's up with that? I share a private blog with a couple of friends and can't even get into that blog to read nor post...and I am the administrator of that blog!!!

My son is working on a solution for me....if you don't hear from me for a while, I will be back.

Today is TGIF...and believe me it is!!! Tomorrow I will be going back to the shop where I rented machine time last month. This time 3 of us are going. The shop owner has offered us some of her classroom space to set up our sewing machines so are going to just move in and keep busy with charity quilts. We've got 4 tops ready to go, if there is time I am hoping to slip a personal project in to quilt up at the end of the day.

I refuse to put myself on a fabric diet it a couple of reasons...
  1. I am not really a shopper
  2. I know I already have more than I need/want/can use
  3. If I have a project in mind...and need fabric to complete it....I will buy for it diet or no diet
....so...keeping that in mind...I have been scoping out the Dick and Jane and have decided to go ahead and purchase what I need for a jacket. Had it all picked out and ready to hit the purchase button but 4 of the 7 prints I wanted were out of stock...grrrr. I will keep looking.

Ed is a horrible influence on me....he found this pink frog fabric and dared to point it out to me...well, guess what...this hot pink frog fabric hopped right into my cart along with all these coordinates. He asked me what I was going to do with it ~~ LOL..."Edward, do I have to have a plan???

I am gearing up for a HUGE Clean Sweep of MCM. I really want to remove what I know I will not use~ fabric, notions and etc. There is a group of quilters in a nearby town that is requesting fabric donations for quilts that are headed to orphanages in Russia. I have more than enough to share and if I would just get rid of some of what I know I won't use I might discover some long lost favorite pieces.

I managed to put the pedal to the metal and get a top done after work today...it is a surprise so I will have to wait to post it, but I can give one hint...it is a ME print, and waaaay too cute!!!

7 Comments:

At Saturday, February 10, 2007 4:46:00 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

I can see why you had to have the frog fabrics. They are all just too cute for words. I hope my youngest granddaughter doesn't see them or I'll have to have them too.

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 7:20:00 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Have fun using the long arm again! You are an old pro now! I love those frogs! I can see why they jumped into the cart. I am sure you will have fun making a quilt from them......and you are right, who said you needed a plan when you buy fabric? *LOL* Nice of Ed to help with the purchases!

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 1:30:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

The frogs are cute! I hope you find the Dick and Jane fabric. I want someone I know to have some of it. Have fun on your weekend.

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 3:27:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

love the frog fabric! Ed sounds like Martie-egging us on to buy cute fabric, whether we have a plan or room for it or not! Hope you got lots done at the quilt shop ...!

 
At Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:23:00 AM, Blogger Shelina said...

You are using up your stash by donating it, and by making quilts, rather than avoiding buying more.

 
At Tuesday, February 13, 2007 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I can see how that fabric hopped into your cart. And you tell Ed, it's not necessary to have a PLAN for the fabric we buy! (But I am trying to only buy with a plan right now. Sure is HARD!)

I'm also doing a major clean/re-organize in my playroom. No matter how many times I've already done it I STILL have too much stuff and end up being paralyzed by the shear volumn. So more tops and UFOs got boxed up this weekend. Just need to get those in the mail and out of my way. I need to get it finished this week as I have a 3 day weekend coming up and I plan to play all weekend.

 
At Wednesday, February 14, 2007 6:31:00 AM, Blogger Darlene said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home