My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Monday, February 05, 2007

See Spot Run. Run Spot, Run

It has been a long long time since a fabric line has caught my attention and called my name like the new Dick and Jane line of prints. I am totally liking this line...just looking at any of the prints sends me back to a time of sitting on the landing at the top of stairwell in the house I grew up in...or out to the tree fort...or the place in the hedge behind the garage... a place to be alone... to take my pudgy little index finger and point to each word as I sounded it out...
I just gave away this quilted jacket (to my sister who appropriately oohed and aaaahed all over it). I made this jacket for myself last year and now am thinking that the new Dick and Jane line would make a fun quilted jacket to replace it...whadda you think??? Hmmmmm...I am thinking my sister might like it too, we could swap them back and forth every now and then....hmmmmm.....just might have to give this some more thought!!! Can you see it...my new jacket done in Dick and Jane....
Another of newer fabric line that is calling my name, just not as loudly, is Sock Monkey...makes me laugh just to look at it!!! Not seeing it as a jacket, but would make a fun quilt for a "keep at Nana's house" for someone who is expecting her first grandson...might have to give that some thought as well.

10 Comments:

At Monday, February 05, 2007 9:50:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

I really love the Dick and Jane fabric - for all the same reasons. But I'm sticking to my no-buy pledge. I have no idea what I'd do with it. You have a great idea and will actually use it!

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 4:33:00 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

I spent hours with Dick and Jane. I was soooo jealous of their green toy car.

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 6:46:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

good ideas Pam...neither are my cup of tea...but I can imagine them both looking great in the projects you mentioned.

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 6:53:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

I have yet to see Dick and Jane in person, or the sock monkey- but yes, a quilt for grandmother's house is perfect! but I don't need another project right now, so since you thoughtof it, you get to do it! LOL Congratulations on your expected grandson!!

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 8:16:00 AM, Blogger SuBee said...

They really hit the mark with the Dick and Jane fabric - they know how to hook us! (it worked too -- it's great!) Love the jacket!

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:09:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Of course you have to make a new jacket for yourself out of that fabric. I kinda like it too. But then of course our generation learned to read on Dick and Jane so it's all about the nostalga. :-)

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:32:00 AM, Blogger Carol said...

I love the Dick and Jane fabric...such good memories. a jacket sounds wonderful.

 
At Tuesday, February 06, 2007 4:12:00 PM, Blogger Pam said...

My goodness - Sock Monkey. Do any of the children now have sock monkies? I just love the Sock Monkey. The Dick and Jane fabric is quite cute as well. There always seems to be a reason to buy more fabric doesn't there?

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 4:18:00 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

I've been drooling over the Dick and Jane fabric line since I saw it in Hancock's catalog last month. I'm trying hard to resist buying it. But, I do have a few gift cheques I could use to buy it and it would be a legal buy for Stashbusters No Buy.

The Super Bowl game was sloppy, but I was hoping the Bears would have played better.

 
At Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:32:00 AM, Blogger KC Sunshine said...

I fell in love with the sock monkey fabric too and had to buy some, but I used it right away to do a crib sized Weed Whacker, a la Bonnie. It turned out really cute! It's fun to know someone else likes it too!
KC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home