My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Saturday, October 07, 2006

I like Saturdays

Update on Ryan: No news is good news, I guess....he is tired and sore and bored. Went into the office on Friday to get some work done ~ no, he doesn't know how to slow down! Spent Friday evening home alone reading a book about water filtration for hikers. What a goofball. If he gets to feeling not-so-hot again he will go back to the ER, in the mean time we are anxiously awaiting his coming home this coming wk. We will pick him up at the airport on Thursday and he will need to return to San Diego the following Tuesday. While he is home I will spend alot of time staring at him....scoping him out and enjoying having him nearby so I can get a better handle on how things are. Thank you all for your concern and care.


A Big Thank YOU!!: to Jeanne who sent a wonderful box of backing fabs to be used for WTIL quilts. If you are ever in need of packing just call 1-800-JEANNE. This gal really gets the most bang for her buck with priority shipping. All of this wonderful fabric was in this one tiny little box!! Thank you Jeanne, many young children will soon be wraped in love with some of this fabric!

I totally believe that it takes each of us working together to make something happen, and no matter how much or how little money we might have, no matter how much or how little spare time we might, no matter how much or how little talent we might have.....if we each one do our part we can help someone who has less than we do...and we all know we are blessed and recieve more blessings as we help others. Nancy donated some wonderful tops, Jeanne donated the backing fabs, I have the batting and will do some quilting and in the end some beautiful children like these will join Nancy, Jeanne and I in being blessed. Simple recipe! and it works! So, once again thank you ladies...you are awesome.

On Thursday I spent alot of time sewing, it is my form of therapy! I managed to get a few things completed and will add them to my Done, A Very Good Word list. Our two youngest grandkidlets are now in their own rooms so a wonky door hanging for each of them, along with a table topper for my bestest of all bestest pals who lives in San Diego who just did her own kitchen remodel. (OK, so now BLOGGER IS NOT PLAYING NICE AGAIN and will not let me upload my pics!!!)

Remember back in March when the kitchen remodel hit a snag...and I decided that rather than let it get to me I was going to do a "when the going gets rough the tough go shopping"? Remember the wonderful "Apple of God's Eye" fabric that I was going to decorate my new kitchen with? Well, it has been sitting in a sack since March and my kitchen decorating idea switched gears when there was a change in countertop color. Oh, my wonderful bag of fabric therapy would have work in the kitchen...but I am so so loving my bright ME kitchen with all the black and white checkerboard prints. So....I used some of my therapy purchase to make a table topper, and once it was done-done I liked it so well that I decided to cut a couple more out and will make those up as well, one for me and one for a certain someone (she reads my blog so no names).

Dang that BLOGGER!! I really wanted to add pics to this post...oh well, I have other things to deal with than to expend my energy on blogger frustrations.

Do you EQ? I DO!!!! I am now the tired owner of EQ5. Tired? YES!! I have been staying up late playing with it!! I designed my first quilt and am totally loving using EQ! (can't post the new design...but LJ says I did OK) I have been sent a few files from others and have enjoyed tweaking them with various layouts and fabrics. HOW FUN IT IS! I have been looking forward to getting EQ for many months and am so thrilled with it! Thank you LindaJ for helping me along, for guiding me and holding my hand and giving me all the pointers and using up your last ounce of patience on me. You're the greatest!

Today we went to our granddaughter's soccer game. She is the cutest little goalie, even if she would rather be a forward so she could run and run and run. She is the coaches favorite for a goalie so that is the position she plays and does it with just a "little" bit of grumbling. Now we are waiting for a turkey to come out of the oven ~~ yes, a 21+# turkey! Then I will head up to the kids' house to help cut spacers for the new addition. (again, blogger photo posting is on strike!) I really wanted to sew, but they need to get this addition done before the rains set in, at least get it all enclosed. I took a hard fall on Thursday (I am sure we would have won AFV's 1 million prize if someone had been taping it) and banged myself up pretty bad...mostly my pride. So, due to the fall sitting at the machine is limited.

And lastly it is a bit of a sad day for me, today is National Card Making Day. My favorite card making buddy has been in a funk for a year or so and has shut out pretty much everyone in her life. It is hard to accept because it seems to be an on again-off again situation with her. She tends to like the "newer" and "better" not realizing that living by the rule of "make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" is an OK way to live-that there is no need to choose one over the other. This time I have just been hands off and will let her come around in her own time, it is just too bad that the wedge between us continues to be driven deeper. Oh well, the ball is in her court. Just another thing I will not expend energy on when there are so many wonderful things happening in my life. God is good and I am blessed.

Blessings in my life:
Hearing Ryan's voice and knowing I will be hugging him soon
My sister, she makes me laugh and loves me inspite of my warts
Listening to hubby hoot and holler during the baseball playoffs
Email and cyber friends
Walking into the house and smelling turkey in the oven

5 Comments:

At Saturday, October 07, 2006 1:20:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Hope things turn out OK with your son, I'm a worrier so I know how you feel.

I love EQ - I bought mine not long after I started quilting and there aren't many quilts that I make that are either designed or tweaked in EQ - have fun!

 
At Saturday, October 07, 2006 2:56:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Too bad blogger was having photo phobia. Sounds like you have gotten a lot done recently.

I'm glad to your son is doing OK and you will get a change to give him TLC this coming weekend.

It's tough when friends drift away. I've had that happen a few times in my life and sometimes I've been the one who does the drifting. But I always treasure the friends I have and remember old friends fondly.

 
At Saturday, October 07, 2006 4:14:00 PM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Glad I could help!

Enjoy your upcoming visit with your son!

Jeanne :)

 
At Monday, October 09, 2006 2:56:00 AM, Blogger Clare said...

It is truly amazing how much "help" there is out there! Every morning I turn the computer on and there is another mail saying "red and white blocks on their way!".

 
At Monday, October 09, 2006 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Love the wonky signs!! Saturday was national card making day huh? That's exactly what I spent the day doing. Must have been fate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home