My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Odds and Ends

I finally finished up a set of 2 placemats, a hotpad and mini wallhanging....the binding was all that needed to be done so I took it all to do while visiting with momma. So good to have this out of my UFO pile. No pics as it is a gift and the receiver is a reader. I have another set of placemats that I need to pull out of the pile and finish as well (binding), this is a set of 30's Christmas prints and are for our table so would be nice to have them finished up and use them the first Christmas after our remodel...whadda ya think??

I have worked on another wonky wallhanging but can't post it until it has been mailed and I receive word that it has arrived at it's final destination, that should be by next wk.

I am so liking the rain schedule thus far....doesn't start raining until after we have gone to bed and stops raining before I leave for the office in the morning. During the day it is blue sky and warm enough to have lunch on the deck. Just what I have always desired in a rain schedule! And the air is so wonderful....breathing a great sigh ~~~ ahhhhhh.

Our coffee pot died....drats drats and triple drats!!! It really wouldn't be such a frustrating event but where I live you can't just go down to the store and pick up another one...you gotta drive 25 miles to the nearest store that sells them. So, I made the best of it and called a friend I haven't seen for a while and we made a night of it. Shopping and then out to dinner where we sat and visited until the waitress asked us if we wanted dessert...ooops, that was a clue...time to leave I guess.

JoAnn's has 4oz rolled batting on sale so I picked up 3 rolls, gave one roll to my friend so that she can finish up some WTIL quilts and a couple of personal ones as well. She and I need to have a pinning party real soon. I also purchased a couple of bags of Nuudles for the youngest grandkidlets to play with while everyone is home for a big family gathering next month. I am thinking that the "boys" (aka: Gpa, Daddy and Uncle Ryan) will enjoy them as much as the children.

Our youngest son received a call yesterday from one of his bestest childhood pals requesting he be a groomsman in his wedding...Ryan already has a plane ticket to come home that same wknd but is trying to rearrange his travel plans to be in the wedding and then catch a flight home so as not to miss HIS own (and his brothers) birthday party wknd at the cabin.

On a sad note: a very much anticipated pkg arrived yesterday - - damaged. Sad sad me. It will all be resolved very soon but in the mean time it was just so disappointing for everyone involved, both the send and myself. We chatted last night and have a plan of action for getting the damaged item replaced and getting back on track with the plan. Drats, drats and drats again.

Blessings in my life:
An evening and dinner out with a dear pal whom I haven't seen enough of lately
Nuudles!!!!
My job~the compatibility of the associates
Ed's continued healing and gaining strength

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 6:56:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

what fun stuff nuudles look! hope Ryan works out all those travel details-nice you could take an errand and combine it with a wonderful visit.

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 4:15:00 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

sounds like things have been fairly productive. Good for you :-)

 
At Tuesday, September 19, 2006 6:11:00 PM, Blogger Elaine Adair said...

You ARE creative! Love the look of your blog, use of soft colors, etc. Nice to see variety. Makes me want to sharpen up my site! Thanks for the visit and ideas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home