My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

OK, I'll play too....

Here are the pincushions that are by my machine. My sewing cabinet was my momma's she put the magnetic pin catcher on the corner...boy is it ever handy. The other one is wool, keeps my pins sharp, a friend of mine gave me this years ago...it is getting a bit ratty (where Katie bug picked at it!!) but will last for years to come.
This is my trash. Let's see....the orange and green are from a current project that I can't post until the receiver gets it. The pink is from my mothers wall wonky wallhanging. There is a bit of green from my sisters wonky wallhanging. I see a bit of black and a dash of red...that would be from My Bloom. There are a few pins, which no doubt are bent from the machine needle hitting them and 2 machine needles that were changed out stuck on the side. This little trash is beside my machine, when it gets full I empty it into a larger trash that sits next to where I cut and iron. And here is my iron. I love my iron. It is a Pansonic Cordless. I have had it for several years and when it gives up the ghost I will get another one just like it, if I can find one. AND it's purple!!!

Other notes:

Tonight I finished the binding on 3 more Christmas placemats, they are so cute! Getting these years old UFO's finished is helping my attitude!!!

I also finished putting the border on a secret something as mentioned above.

Currently I am re-reading Life is Tough But God is Faithful by Sheila Walsh. I really appreciate her honesty in tough times.

Blessings in my life:
An ok 90 day assessment for momma
Unexpected giftbasket full of wonderful surprises
Flat-Out Bread Sandwiches
Reading my sons hilarious blog post today

5 Comments:

At Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:36:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

Pam! you are getting so much done...hurray for you!

 
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 7:25:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Now that trash bag shows just how busy you have been stitching away from for family and friends. Not always easy for you to do with all that goes on around you but I think it is grand that you are logging some time in MCM.

 
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:24:00 PM, Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

I have always wanted one of those wool pincushions. One of the 4H clubs was selling them a few years back and "snooze you loose" I didn't buy one. /paula

 
At Thursday, September 21, 2006 1:45:00 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

I have a wool pincushion just like that one! I LOVE it!

 
At Friday, September 22, 2006 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Finn said...

Hi Pam, boy oh boy, are you ever cruising along on those UFO's..*VBS* And such a nice way to spend time with your Momma, and complete things at the same time. It feels good to have our hand occupied, and memories are never a bad thing..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home