My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Monday, September 11, 2006

Don't Turn Your Back.....Don't Close Your Eyes....

.....blogger might hide your blog.

My blog was missing overnight Saturday through Sunday early evening. Not sure where it went, not sure what it did while it was gone, not sure who it was hanging around, not sure why....but it was MIA. I hope it had a good time!!!!

What a wknd! Friday was a bit slow at the office so at 1:30 the boss said he could handle what might happen until 5 and I could leave it I wanted to....at least that is what I think he said, I was out of there so fast I did not hear the last part.

I was home by 1:34, yes, I do live that close to the office...everything in this teeny tiny little town is about a block and a half away from everything else. I did a bunch of odds and ends of things that have been hanging over my head. That felt good! Get those little things out of the way and free your mind up to do the things you want to do. Two hours after getting home I had done a wks worth of things that had been put off, leaving me with an almost chore-free wknd ahead of me.

This wknd we pickled garlic, 21 jars....yummy!!! can't wait until they have cured to see how they turned out. Yes, we STILL have lots of garlic left but I have not minced nor dried any and that will use up quite a bit and we will make a couple more batches of garlic jelly, which is yummy yummy with Ritz crackers and cream cheese, very much like Hot Pepper Jelly.

I had planned to work on another wonky door hanging but didn't find enough coordinating pieces in my stash so will make a stop at JoAnn's tomorrow when I take my mother to the Dr. ~oh darn!~ Only a few letters to this doorhanging so it shouldn't take too long to make it up.

Football has begun...baseball is still going. I would rather watch baseball but enjoy football as well. I can sew while the games are on, just like listening to the radio!!!

The local grandkidlets are back in school, there will be Jr. High football games starting up very soon (next wk??) and soccer for the younger 2 starts in a few wks. Monday through Friday we'll be hopping!! With 3 kids we are often called in to fill in the gap when mom goes one direction, dad goes the next..leaving one of the 3 without transportation and etc., we love it!!! As soon as Ed is driving he will be on call to get our oldest grandson from the High School to the Jr High between classes. Rex is taking 10th grade math although he is in the 8th grade. The two schools are about a half mile apart which means he is late getting to his next class and during our monsoon rains it will be miserable....therefore, Grandpa to the rescue!!!

I love Fall, I love the activities, the way the season change shows up in nature, the cripsness of the air, the sunsets are awesome. This afternoon while watering my baskets I see they are beginning to get a bit leggy and the color is fading here and there, sad to see my beautiful baskets fading but can't wait to walk in the rain and kick my feet in the leaves. I hope it snows this winter...enough to go for at least one evening walk in the snow. Oh, I better slow down...it isn't even Fall and I am talking about Winter, I better slow down or I will miss my favorite season of the year Autumn.

Blessings in my life:
Open windows while sleeping at night
Sparkly little girl singing in a full length concert,
and doing a very good job!!
Sunshine, blue sky, green grass and trees leaves changing colors
Blogger returning my blog to me

7 Comments:

At Monday, September 11, 2006 6:50:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

much nicer to read your blog than have that nasty white screen! Autumn is a great time between summer/winter-lots of energy and change in the air. Hope Ed is driving soon.

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 7:01:00 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

What a cheerful busy lady you are! This post brought a smile to my heart this morning.
Jeanne :)

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 7:28:00 AM, Blogger Hedgehog said...

Glad your blog came back from where it was hiding. Garlic jelly is very good! My dad drove me between schools for math once upon a time - nice time together, even if it's only half a mile. Hope they enjoy it, too!

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 7:29:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

I don't know where it went either but I am glad it's back. Lots going on at your house or about to!

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 8:07:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

I had that happen a couple times, but it came back each time. The blog was there - but there were no postings at all. Makes me think we should back up every posting for safety's sake. Glad to have you back.

I chuckled when you talk about your tiny town. When we visited my grandpa and grandma there in the 50's and very early 60's it didn't seem so tiny - at least I don't remember thinking of it as tiny. But then the sawmill was going full tilt then and probably employees a goodly percentage of the town. Is the sawmill even there any more?

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 3:22:00 PM, Blogger Finn said...

What a hoot about your blog..LOL I had no idea anyone had left a door open for them to escape.
Does make you wonder, doesn't it??

Happy Autumn, I'll add snow for Pam to my wish list *VBS*
It snow exactly once when I lived in Oregon, close to the coast..and it was across the road from my house..just one side of the road..LOL

 
At Monday, September 11, 2006 6:07:00 PM, Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Well, glad to hear the concert went well for your sparkling little girl! You sound busy and happy! My blog disappeared yesterday too - maybe our 2 blogs were playing hookey together!

Cheers!

Evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home