My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Quote for Stash Quilters

"Stop searching for happiness~ the fabric you need is in your sewingroom."

~~Helen Kelley~~
from her book Every Quilt Tells a Story

Not sure if this book was sent to me from Cher via Linda or from Linda via Cher...but it ended up at my house many months ago and I am just now getting around to reading it. This is a great book with lots of short, two and three page, quilty stories in it. I was tempted to post more of Helen's writings but the whole copyright thing hangs heavy over my head. Check your local library, it is worth the read. I will be reading a story or two each day for the next month or so. Thanks ladies...I was feeling guilty that I had not gotten around to reading it but now that the rains have come to Oregon I am glad I have this bright spot to look forward to each day.

On another note: yes, the rains have come to Southern Oregon...and guess what??? I left the sunroof open on my new car when we went into visit with Momma, Ed noticed it was raining and raining HARD. He went out to shut the sunroof, then came back and told us that no rain had gotten in. I had only tipped the window up and the rain was not getting in...oh boy...yeehaw!! The rains are here and even if there is alot of sunshine all afternoon, like today....it could start pouring rain at any moment...that is life in Oregon.

5 Comments:

At Friday, September 15, 2006 1:14:00 AM, Blogger bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

I just finished this book yesterday. I found it at the library and I remember reading the columns in QNM. It is easy to read and just what I needed this past week ( head cold)

 
At Friday, September 15, 2006 5:41:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

We got the same rain yesterday - it was absolutely wonderful! I'm so looking forward to some rainy days!

 
At Friday, September 15, 2006 5:59:00 AM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

if the quotation you gave is any indication you'll have a blast with the book....

 
At Friday, September 15, 2006 6:24:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

Pam, I have the next book too- it's good to spread the reading out...I am probably only half through this one and eventually it will find it's way to LJ and you or someone. I asked and asked for these books as a gift, and finally someone gave them to me LOL...yes, it rained hard up here too-and my sprinklers were going at the same time!
enjoy the weekend!

 
At Friday, September 15, 2006 12:25:00 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

You are SO lucky!! Thank goodness the rain didn't get in.
I've wanted to read Helen Kelley's book for a while now. I keep seeing the ad in QNM, but something else always comes up.
It's raining very hard here in NY too. It started yesterday and should end tomorrow. I put the summer clothes away today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home