My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Friday, September 08, 2006

Life....


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing
Our cat is so goofy. He knows he has to go out when we leave the house but sometimes he just refuses to do so. Usually he is very agreeable, but not today.
I haven't been hiding lately, just busy. Life, it gets in the way of life from time to time.
I finished up Momma's wallhanging and even took pics of her holding it, but the pics turned out really fuzzy so I will take more at a later time. As I thought would happen, she is thrilled with having it and it has become a game of teasing about it. I love to spoil her.
Speaking of spoiled, I think that silly cat is spoiled!
And keeping with the theme....Meet HiHoSliveR, aka Honey's Happy Retirement. We picked it up just over a wk ago and have been having a blast with it since then. I am thinking we are refusing to grow up!! We really like it and all its bells and whistles. I am so liking the gas mileage - Ed is thrilled with the XMRadio. We open the sunroof and sing along with the Youngbloods, CCR, Natalie Cole, The Beach Boys and the Beatles....growing up is over rated! We don't live at the end of the world, but you can see it from here....which means we don't have many radio stations to choose from so the XM Radio is a nice bonus. My favorite XM station is 32 The Message (contemporary Christian) and Oprah & Friends is on 156. There are times I have to travel with my job and this new car will be a great comfort, our trade-in was 13 years old with 185,000 miles on it....it served us well.
Tuesday Ed had his first Dr visit since surgery. Everything looks good. He is right where he needs to be for his healing schedule. We are so thankful!!! The downside is he is 6 more wks of doing what he has been doing....NOT MUCH!! The only change was they want him to walk as much as he can, which is not much due to permanate leg/foot damage. I am so proud of him, he has forced himself to get out and walk around the block, which is not far but further than he was going last wk. The frustrating part for him was...NO DRIVING!
He keeps telling people he bought a car and he hasn't even sat behind the wheel. Our kids will all be home in a few wks...they might get to drive this before their dad.
On a quilty/sewing note: I finished another wonky wallhanging but it is a surprise for someone, who reads my blog...so as soon as I know it has been opened I will post a pic.
I pulled fabric to make yet another wonky wallhanging, but again, I don't want to spill the beans.
The valance for the kitchen is finished, leaving only the buttons on the bulletin board to finish and then I can call the kitchen DONE DONE.
I sewed sparkly beads on our granddaughters outfit that she is required to wear for a concert at their church. She is the only child (age 9) in the choir and was expected to wear all black like the adults. She did not have anything black so I found a cute skirt and top (yes, black) and then sewed a ton of these beads all over the skirt and removed the white buttons on the top and added the same beads....she will be one sparkly little girl, who will look like a little girl and still not be out of place. At age 9 she has perfect pitch, it is amazing to listen to her sing.
This wknd I MUST MUST MUST get that garlic finished up, I am cooking a birthday dinner for our daughter and we are having a "barn raising" at our kids' house. Actually, our kids are building an addition to their house and the walls are going up this wknd so Ed will take pics while the rest of us lift the walls and get them squared or whatever you do to make them stand...don't ask me....
there you go....what I have been up to and what I plan to be up to....life

11 Comments:

At Saturday, September 09, 2006 1:05:00 AM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

sounds like an important modification you're making to the choir clothes, way to follow the colour code, but help her be a child...

and I'm glad healing is going well...

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 5:57:00 AM, Blogger KC Quilter said...

Love your new car--it's a cutie! Hope your DH can soon drive it also. And about your kitty--they do have minds of their own, don't they???

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 6:06:00 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Hope Hubby stays on schedule-or arrives at 'healed' ahead of schedule. The new car is very cute, enjoy!

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:12:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

What a fun video of the cat and hubby - thanks for sharing!

The new car is beautiful - and I know just what you are talking about. I love to drive distances alone so I can load the CD player with Peter, Paul and Mary, Simon and Garfinkel, Everley Brothers, etc. and sing at the top of my lungs while I drive down the highway. No one to care what I sound like, and the car makes a great sound chamber for the singing.

You've obviously been very busy - we've missed you but understand.

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:54:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

good to hear your news-sorry Ed is still somewhat limited..a new car and can't drive it! no wonder you have been going for drives lately-glad you are enjoying the new car.

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:19:00 AM, Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

Just love those HHRs. Would love to get one but my minivan has only 166,000 miles on it. Guess I'd better wait until it's as high as your trade-in was :-). Good for you for walking, Ed!

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:44:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Nice car! Enjoy retirement!

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 4:05:00 PM, Blogger Melzie said...

Oh my hubby likes those too :) Glad you are enjoying it! cant wait to see wonky pics :) xoxo melzie

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 4:53:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Boy, was Meow being stubborn! Ryan is going to get a kick out of that one. Remember when you couldn't get him UP on that perch, once a upon a time?

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:56:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

I'll side with the cat... lol

He looks like he was SO comfortable on that window perch. :)

I hope we get to see the pictures of the grandchild in her black sparkly outfit!

 
At Sunday, September 10, 2006 6:41:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Love the cat video! Mine get those stubborn spells too. But you just gotta love them anyway. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home