My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Monday, May 22, 2006

Clearing things up

The quilts posted in my last post were NOT all made by me. That wonderful stack of quilts is a combined effort by 2 groups of ladies, one group that Cher over sees in Portland (the Portland Piecers) and another group that I over see here in my teeny tiny town (the BoBo's ~ like YoYo's).

Both of these groups of ladies quilt for Wrap Them in Love, a foundation whose purpose is to make and donate quilts to children all over the world who are living in orphanages, group homes, and various other situations where they have little to nothing to call their own.

Tonight my good pal, Barbara, came by to help me take pictures of the quilts, pack them into boxes and then blessed me by loading them into her car and she will take them to the UPS shipping point tomorrow. WHAT A BLESSING... with Ed's shoulder being out of whack and my schedule jampacked, this was a great gift of time and effort on her part. So...4 large boxes are headed to San Diego. THAT IS A BIG BIG STRESS FROM MY LIFE!!!

I always love seeing the quilt stack getting higher and higher as each quilt is turned in. I might be the middle man, but I can't not take credit for all the work, many many women contribute to the endeavors of WTIL.

Thank you to all who donate to any charity, each time I hear of someone giving unselfishly I feel blessed!

5 Comments:

At Monday, May 22, 2006 9:53:00 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

Yay for Barbara! 1) For being the quilt holder 2) For taking the 4 boxes to UPS to mail to SAN...What Can Brown Do FOr You!? Tee hee!!! YAM~~

 
At Monday, May 22, 2006 11:08:00 PM, Blogger ForestJane said...

That's a lot of quilts to a great cause. :) You and your groups deserve a round of applause!

 
At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:22:00 AM, Blogger Hanne said...

Kudos for you and your quilting group for giving all those quilts !

 
At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:50:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I love seeing my stack of quilt and afghans to be donated get bigger too. It does feel good to give them away.

 
At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:33:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Getting them closer to where they need to be---yahoo! Hope Ed's shoulder/arm is not giving him a lot of pain. Schlepping bags will be a no-no on the trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home