My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Sunday, May 21, 2006

It's crunch time...

...and as soon as I cross something off my list something (or things) find their way to my list...one step forward two steps backward at this point. Oh well, it will get done, even if at the last minute.

Finished a surprise for my best bud (who lives in San Diego) and her daughters birthday gift, as well as a surprise for my son today (he reads my blog so I shall not say anything more, but it is a good surprise!! Ryan, you will love it!). All of these gifts will be packed in with the quilts which will be shipped out later this wk directly to my sons office in San Diego. Having those gifts finished is a huge stress off my shoulders.

I have packing to do, gathering this and that and remembering that and this...my big concern now is...gotta remember to MAKE sure to get my granddaugthers birth certificate (if she does not get back into the USA her daddy will disown me big time!!!).

Ed and I went to the library on Friday, LOL....why did we do that??? I should have just had them hold my books rather than bring them home...reading is an escape for me...if I am stressed, grab a book...if I am excited, grab a book...can't sleep, read...yep...I've been reading! Good thing I have 9...yes NINE library books...ok, make that 8 now.

Last wknd I met up with Cher in Eugene, it was girls day out for my daughter, granddaughter and I and the perfect chance for Cher to hand off 29 wonderful quilts made by the WTIL group in Portland. Today I numbered the quilts that have been collecting in our guest room...32 in all. I am still awaiting word on 14 more, if they are not in my hands by Wednesday they will have to wait until our next shipment goes down in October. Isn't it typical to get a quilt just after the boxes have been handed over to Mr. Brown?

Here is a pic of the 61 quilts (29 from Cher's group, 32 from mine) I have thus far, isn't that a beautifully unselfish pile of love?? Blessings sewn into quilts to wrap children in love...doesn't get any better than that!

My pal Barbara is coming over tomorrow after I get off work, she will be my quilt holder while I snap pics, then we will pack them in boxes...oh that will be a huge huge stress off these shoulders!!! Hopefully she will agree to get them to UPS for me...if not Ed said he would do it on Thursday.

My usual quilt holder went to extremes to get out of holding up quilts...he tore his rotator cuff...just before vacation!!! Tomorrow he finds out more, but good grief...do we really want to know more? LOL Two years ago we planned vacation and my father died so we postponed it, then within a month Angela's grandfather died, we had to cancel because school was starting...this time when Albert, Angela, Ed and I planned this trip back in SEPTEMBER we all agreed we were going NO MATTER WHAT....at the time my mother was not doing well...my brother was not doing well...Angela's grandmother was not doing well...there were a few other family issues cropping up here and there. We decided that NO MATTER WHAT we were going to go...even if something tragic was happening we would go. My sister and I had a good conversation before we booked the tickets, she would have to fill in the gap with my mother if we were gone and she agreed 100%, NO MATTER WHAT....So, now we are just a few days away from being out of here and Ed tears his rotator cuff. NO MATTER WHAT...we are going! All I can say is....good thing he has 5 library books!

OK, it was a sorta quilty post...hopefully that will put me back in the good graces with everyone!

Blessings in my life:

My sister, I love her so much

Barbara, always willing to jump in and deal with things without batting eye

Secret codes like: MOTF, YAM, SOPO

An awesome job for my sons friend, fresh out of college!

5 Comments:

At Sunday, May 21, 2006 9:17:00 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

Praise the Lord and pass some more fabric! Glad to hear there is another shipment going on October. I should have the ones done here. And maybe I can buy a panel, some batting, and a backing and Mac can make her second donation to WTIL! Bunches of hugs and kisses. And tell Uncle Eddie to take it easy...lots of ice and heat, and read those books! No more working in yard for Heaven's sake! YAM...GMTA!

 
At Monday, May 22, 2006 7:53:00 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I hope you are able to pull off your vacation without anything tragic happening back at home. It sounds like you have been due for a rest for a long time. That is quite a pile of quilts you are donating to charity! Pat yourself on the back!

 
At Monday, May 22, 2006 8:50:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

love the huge stack of quilts Pam!
thanks for posting that photo...I can't believe Ed damaged himself like that...what a trooper to hang in there and go on vacation NO MATTER WHAT :-)

 
At Monday, May 22, 2006 11:40:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Yikes, poor Ed! How in the world did he manage to do that!? DJ said he has some exercises that he found in one of his golf publications for his own rotator cuff. As long as he keeps doing them--no pain in the shoulder. I'll copy them off for you. Sure hope he doesn't have to have surgery but at this point, it would wait anyway.

Love the quilt pic though---PPs and BoBos united!

 
At Monday, May 22, 2006 7:42:00 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

pam...the quilts for kids are awesome! what a blessing you are to them!
hugs
laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home