My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Friday, May 12, 2006

I am not surprised, not one little bit...

I read several comics each day at work, one of my favorites is Close to Home ...they crack me up and some days they are so very dead-on that I have to wonder if John McPherson is regularly peeking in on my life....as was the case with this cartoon....it was yesterday's cartoon.... I printed it off and was going to send it to our son who has a great sense of humor and loves his declawed kitty...


























When I got home from work I was delighted to see that our youngest son had sent us an email, and was thrilled to see there were attachments ....photos...I love photos...here are the photos he sent...

I must admit, this could be scary to some....but to us, to his family, co-workers and friends, to those who love this young man and those who have just met him if only for a few brief moments (with the exception of the lady at the photo department at the near-by drug store, which is another story )...there is nothing scary about him, he is the best of the best (actually...he and his brother are equally the best of the best). Those who know Ryan are not in the least surprised by this...how can they be...this is another picture of Ryan with his adopted gma during a bbq a couple of years back. Same great kid, same giant heart, same awesome love for Jesus....same Ryan McGoobie...just with a hint of his goofy personality showing through. When he was in High School he had really long hair...really really long hair and was planning to get it cut off but wanted to do something off the wall with it before he cut it off. We told him he could do what he wanted with it for 24 hrs....he decided to get a mohawk...but we did not let him dye it, so he walked around our VERY conservative teeny tiny town with his red mohawk, those were the days before digital cameras but the kids took 35 mm pics for proof...good grief!!! Good thing everyone knew he wasn't a threat.

6 Comments:

At Friday, May 12, 2006 9:53:00 PM, Blogger ~Mandy~ said...

He absolutely cracks me up! When he had his "first" mohawk, didn't you iron it on the ironing board? Or am I thinking of something else? Anyway, that cat one is too funny- it kinda resembles Ryan! I guess it just goes to show, you better be prepared when you open any files from him...but what a great treat:) YAM- and your flesh and blood too!

 
At Saturday, May 13, 2006 2:26:00 AM, Blogger Cathi said...

Looks like a great son..always smiling!

Your garden is beautiful...can't wait to get started on a new one in the new house!

 
At Saturday, May 13, 2006 8:10:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

love the photos...see you soon!

 
At Sunday, May 14, 2006 8:28:00 AM, Blogger Linda C said...

Oh my! Which is worse, Pam? Spiked or dyed some weird color? I know he is a joy to you and DH and in no way is he a scary fellow.
Heart of gold like his folks.

Catch up with you when I got home tomorrow.

 
At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Amazon Alanna said...

My baby brother has been know to come home with a fin...it's not a big deal in my paren't house either...it's the good within that shines through with your son and my brother.

 
At Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Samantha said...

Wonderful hair! I love it... Before I met him, my husband used to sport one, and we have a great framed photo of him with it that the kids simply adore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home