My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Monday, February 06, 2006

Just for you, Honey!

I made this quilt for my husband's birthday in 2000. He had waited years for his very own quilt so I decided his would be the first of the new millienum, and it was!! I sewed on this only when he was not around, and did the majority of it on Tuesday nights during Sewing and Craft night at church and finished it up at our yearly quilt camp the wknd of his birthday. It is foundation pieced and very heavy!!! There are buttons sewn in the center of each block as well on on the corner of each block.

This was a real stretch for me with all those bland colors rather than the soft pinks, greens, lavendars and blues I love so much. It is huge (took 2 people to hold it up for this pic), it took FOREVER to do, but I really like it.


7 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:04:00 AM, Blogger The Calico Cat said...

I like it too! It is masculine with out being overt about it!

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:53:00 AM, Blogger Patti said...

I bet he loves it. It's a wonderfully graphic quilt and perfect for a man.

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 6:54:00 AM, Blogger Marilyn said...

I think it's a very cool quilt!

Marilyn

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 7:48:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

bland indeed but I am sure it was a big hit with dh!

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:05:00 AM, Blogger  Jeanne said...

Hi Pam! I love those crooked logs :) I'd say muted, not bland! I did a quilt last year with button "ties" and liked the effect.

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the effect of the buttons, and the colours are great for a fella. VERY nice quilt. My DH likes wonky-type blocks too :-)

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:22:00 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

AWESOME quilt! thanks for sharing!
hugs
laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home