My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Quick Post

Here is a quick look into last weeks activities for me.

I spent almost every spare moment pressing and cutting up scraps and am really proud of myself for sticking to such a boring task. There were 3 baskets full of scraps to cut when the process began, the 2 smaller ones are now empty (see me grinning from ear to ear!)...the largest one is going to have to wait a while as I believe the men in white coats will have to haul me away if I dare start on the last basket! Here is a pic of my BBS cutting spree.This is one of 3 St. Patty's Day table toppers that I sewed up as my reward for hours of cutting scraps. I believe it was Norma who first posted a tabletopper done up like this. Years ago I made a set of place mats using this method, it is a quick and easy, fast finish project. This one is for Diana as a thank you for sticking with me through thick and thin, I made a smaller one to hang on Momma's door, the other one is for my dining room table.

22" point to point and 19 " side to side

Today our 2 middle grandkidlets have their last basketball games...in 3 different little towns near us, so we will be traveling all over the county! It will be a busy day for us.

4 Comments:

At Saturday, February 24, 2007 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

I am impressed with your ability to stick to the cutting of your scraps! I should also be doing that, but don't enjoy the cutting process at all!

I wish I could take credit for the table topper--but I was first inspired by Doodlebug Gail. It was her Halloween table topper that first inspired me.

I just love your table topper--finished in time for St. Patrick's Day! I love it! love it! love it! I looked for shamrock fabric last year at this time and could only find poly coton up here in Canada--it looks like I need to broaden my search to south of the border!

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2007 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Fiona said...

It must be sooo satisfying to have cut up all of those scraps! Like Norma, I don't like cutting that much but it sure must feel good to have done it.

 
At Saturday, February 24, 2007 11:10:00 PM, Blogger Patti said...

Marvelous progress with your scraps - well done! I know how tedious this can be. What's made it bearable for me is doing it with Cher. We are scheduled to do it again next Saturday. It will be fun to see what you end up making with these!

 
At Sunday, February 25, 2007 6:19:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

I think you have done a terrific job Pam! and what a great reward to stitch up...these are wonderful table toppers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home