My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Back in MCM again....

OK, so it has been a while since I have spent any length of time in MCM...but tonight I bit the bullet and headed back in there to see what kind of trouble I could get into.

I didn't even sit down at the machine but I did manage to:
  • get a bunch of strips cut and into a tote...and...
  • cleaned up the strips mess from working on Nancy's and her father's Heart String Blocks...and...
  • put away the bolt of thermalamb that was sitting behind my sewing chair...and...
  • re-stacked the quilts under the window (Meow jumps up there and had knocked them over)...and...
  • packed a box of this and that and that and this to send off to LindaJ and the BamaBelles...and...
  • cleaned off the end of the ironing board...you know where everything piles up....and...
  • put away my Christmas fabric stash...and...
  • sorted through 6 UFO's in pizza boxes...trying to be realistic about whether I will finish them or not...and...
  • pulled stickers out of my scrapbooking supplies for my calendar pages
Doesn't sound like much, but it was a start, I really want to start spending at least a few minutes each day in MCM, even if it isn't actually sewing.

Currently I am still plugging along with Gramma's Aprons. I am continuing to enjoy the handquilting process, finding it peaceful and calming. My goal is to have Gramma's Aprons completed by the end of February at the very latest.

Monday is a holiday and the NYSE is closed so our office is closed as well. I will spend that day getting backs ready for my upcoming machine quilting wknd.

Inspite of all the UFO's and WIP's and etc I have, inspite of the fact that I need a new quilt for our bed, inspite of my need to get some hot pads, table toppers and placemats made for the kitchen I am giving some (ok, a lot) of consideration to joining a couple of friends who are doing some redwork. I just can't say no...why can't I just say "no!"? I don't know and there for I have a room full of UFO's, WIP's and etc as well as projects in my mind that need doing...

Oh well...it is what keeps life interesting, right???

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 10, 2007 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

Did I hear you say redwork? The month of January is quickly passing--you had better get started on that first snowman! *LOL* *poke poke* *nudge nudge* Glad to hear you are interested--these blocks are fun. We both have a long way to go to catch up to LindaJ--she said something about working on May's block....

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 2:34:00 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Wow...will you come clean up my room?...please...............

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 4:51:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

My playroom has got so messy I've moved the sewing machine to the kitchen table so I can sew! So I'm up a few minutes early this morning and am going to spend 15 minutes putting stuff away. And I'll do the same tomorrow morning and the next morning and the next.... until I have a useable playroom again!

Sure wish I had another 3 day weekend coming up. Unfortunately our next holiday isn't until Presidents' Day next month. :-(

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 5:39:00 AM, Blogger Shelina said...

You can come over and clean too. I understand about wanting to start another project when you have so many in the works. I got bit yesterday too.

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 11:02:00 AM, Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

Ahem. Redwork. I got the latest newsletter from Great American Quilt Factory in Denvertown and they have a Redwork Quilt as a BOM that will be kitted-up. I called. Thank goodness it won't be ready until Feb. But now it's on my mind and I'll have to stop in the shop next time I visit Auntie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home