My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Sunday, January 07, 2007

On a Roll

I guess I am on a roll after thinking I was in a funk...maybe confession is a motivator as well as good for the soul.

Today is "Mom Day"...after church we will take her a good meal, usually it is restaurant food but sometimes we take something homemade instead. Since we live 20 miles away from her and we leave our house at 9:30 a.m., go to church first and then see her around 12:15 p.m. it is hard to take something hot from home...during the cooler winter months she doesn't often get a home cooked meal on Sunday (sometimes during the week, after work, we take her a hot meal)...during the warmer summer months we can pack a "picnic-y" type lunch and she enjoys that as well. After a while it is sometimes hard to come up with something different she might enjoy for a change since finger foods are easiest for her. I am thinking today will be chicken nachos from our favorite Mexican food resturant...maybe...maybe not. If we take her a meal I know she is at least getting one meal that has familiar flavors and things she likes.

Last week I filled out mommas 2007 calendar, adding birthdays, anniversaries and other such special days that she will want to remember. Oh boy does momma like her calendar...she has always been one to keep an up-to-date calendar near by. This year her calendar is I Love Lucy...which made her laugh because she and I both LOVE Lucy!! This is Lucy and me at Universal Studios last summer. Meeting Lucy was the highlight of my day, of course I thought we were going to have to call an optometrist to fix my grandsons eyes with all the eye rolling they were doing when their gramma saw Lucy and just about ran over everyone in her path to get to her, were my grandsons sunburned or was it just embarrassment...we might never know!...(LOL, I am so glad - and amazed - that they don't dis-own me 90% of the time!!!) What do you think, hasn't Lucy (and I) aged well? My mother has this picture hanging in her room next to the I Love Lucy heart shaped lapel pin I brought back to her, the picture makes her laugh and that makes my heart happy. I DO LOVE LUCY!!!

Ed managed to get 14 quart jars of turkey soup canned yesterday (my lunch date ended up being an all day affair so I wasn't any *read NO* help to him). Of the dozens of jars of this and that which we canned this seaon only one jar of salsa not seal...well...guess what, one jar of soup didn't seal either ( I am blaming 2 of of chatting friends for jinxing this!!!). Tomorrow he will take that jar up to some friends of ours...an elderly-semi-shut-in couple. They will enjoy the soup with some hot fresh bread that I will get in the bread maker when I get up tomorrow.

Today is Nancy's birthday! Happy Birthday my dear blogging friend!!! She has asked us to make Heart String blocks for a group she belongs to in honor of her special day and in memory of her father who passed away the day before Thanksgiving. This I will do when we get home late this afternoon. Nancy has become a great friend to me and this is the least I can do for her! If you are so inclined, please join us. You can read all about it and follow links from her blog since she is a member of the Heart Strings group. So, that is on my schedule for later today...bday blocks for Nancy. Oh...and I get to cut into my fresh bolt of muslin that still has the plastic wrapping around it! A fresh bolt of muslin, waiting to become many and various things...just think of all the possibilities!!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Sunday, January 07, 2007 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Soup looks yummy! I need to go over Nancy's blog and wish her Happy Birthday. Thanks for reminding me.

 
At Sunday, January 07, 2007 6:34:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I love the Lucy picture - that's great! The soup looks yummy, too. You're doing well on sealings! We always turned ours upside down (after the lid was on tight!) and had few problems, too.

Hope you had a good time with your friend at lunch yesterday!

 
At Sunday, January 07, 2007 7:15:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

oh, you and Lucy are quite the pair! love the photo Pam. I have my four string blocks finished now. I am also a member of the HeartStrings group...so will send them in to Sue the keeper of string blocks for the group. Glad to know we are doing the same thing today though at different times....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home