My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Eggnog, Garfield Style!


We love Eggnog...during the holiday season we make Eggnog lattes rather than anyone of our other favorite lattes. Seems like Garfield and Jon love Eggnog too! So, here is our Santa Eggnog picture for 2006. We agree with Garfield and Jon, Eggnog tastes better in Santa hats!

Christmas 2006 has come and gone. Christmas Eve we spent with our kids here in town: dinner, games, movie and then the reading of the Christmas story. This year Kaitlyn and Tristan shared the responsibility- each reading half. Each year the children take turns reading, this has been a family tradition since our own boys learned to read and is now being passed on to the grandkidlets. Always warms my heart to hear them as they read the story.

Christmas Day morning Ed and I got up bright and early and spent most of the day with Momma~gave her her packages (camera battery died as soon as I turned the camera on!!! grrrrr!!!), we went down to the dining hall for a nice ham dinner, back to her room to watch Elf (her favorite part was the singing in the bathroom part - if you haven't seen the movie I will not spoil it for you). One of her gifts was a digital photo frame that I had loaded with 100's of pics (gotta love those 2.0 GB disks!) that she seems to enjoy oohing and aahing over. She kicked us out about 3 p.m. I think she was ready for a nap but we teased her telling her she was tired of US!! It was a good day for her and her spirits were up....always a good thing for me as I get so emotional when she is down.

4 p.m. dinner at the kids house. Dinner, games, football, laughter...more games and lots more laughter. Around 8 p.m. I started to feel "wierd", wasn't sure what was going on but knew I didn't feel well...we left at 9, a bit early for us but, I just needed to be home...I went to bed and did not wake up until 3 p.m. the next day. Achy body...headache...slight fever. It is pretty much gone now but it knocked me out for a while. I missed a whole day of my life!!! good thing it hit after the holiday and not before!

Yesterday I worked through the morning but did not return after lunch, was still a bit tired and business was slow so the boss said he would handle the office alone (do you all see as many red flags as I see in that? LOL). Today and tomorrow I am using up the last of my use it-or-lose it vacation time and will return to the office NEXT YEAR LOL.

We were suppose to go to Diamond Lake today but I feel the need to stay home one more day so will go tomorrow if I am feeling up to it. The kids are all going up tomorrow afternoon. How fun to ring in the New Year sledding, making snow angels, having snow ball fights and laughing with the grandkids! Today will be spent preparing easy meals to toss in the oven or microwave so that we can spend as much of the wknd outdoors as possible. (Overnight breakfast casserole, meatballs for spaghetti dinner, etc.) Will take the crock pot and keep redhot punch going all day for warm ups between outings.

Happy New Year to all!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At Thursday, December 28, 2006 6:11:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Momma and you and DH (?) look very festive in your Santa hats. I hope your feeling better soon. It seems a lot of people have been getting sick. Have a Happy New Year! Seems like you got quite a party planned.

 
At Friday, December 29, 2006 6:45:00 AM, Blogger SuBee said...

What a perfect Christmas! A good visit with Momma, wonderful time with the kids, and even The Bug only teased you - didn't wallop. Happy New Year!

 
At Friday, December 29, 2006 8:04:00 PM, Blogger quiltpixie said...

it sounds like you had a great Christmas. Enjoy your days off!

 
At Friday, December 29, 2006 8:46:00 PM, Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Glad you had such a nice Christmas. I love traditions of all types - shared memories keep a family close.

 
At Saturday, December 30, 2006 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Cher said...

what a great photo of you,Ed, and Momma! thanks for sharing Pam. Hope you recover fast from this cold thing going on...it sure was not a fun thing to have...hope Diamond Lake was a total blast!

 
At Monday, January 01, 2007 7:57:00 AM, Blogger Eileen said...

Love the picture of the 3 of you in the Santa hats, and yes eggnog is much better with the hat on :)
I'm doing catch up with everyone, and my goodness, you've been so busy.
Happy, happy New Year!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home