My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Monday, January 08, 2007

Love is....

  • not complaining when I paint my nails and the nail polish fumes stink up the living room
  • tucking me in bed each night..yes, I am old and he is older but he does this each night anyway
  • surprising me with a bowl of ice cream sprinkled with bits of York Peppermint Patties
  • not sighing when I ask a stupid question about football
  • washing my car ~ by hand ~ in 49 degree weather
  • not complaining when I get home later than expected, after dark (he was a bit worried)
  • bringing me a quilt for my legs just because he thought I might be cold
  • surprising me with a latte at the office, just because "I was out for a drive and thought of you"
  • not laughing when he sees that my shirt is on inside out (its been a long day!)
  • getting the coffee pot ready each night so all I have to do is push the button in the morning so my coffee is ready ASAP
  • sticking with a conversation even though it is a difficult topic that neither one of us wants to address
  • buying pepperoni slices just because he knows I love them for a snack
  • spending time with my mother from time to time so I can have a break
  • giving me "Pam Night", a night home alone each week
  • humoring me when I want to talk about spring planting in the middle of winter
  • encouraging me, and joining me, in my desire to provide for those less fortunate than we are
  • giving me my space when I need it most...
  • ...and...knowing when those times are!
  • opening the car door for me ~ ALWAYS!
  • laughing with me
  • holding me when I cry
  • surprising me with a book from the library because he knows I don't have time to get to the library before it closed
  • putting up with my "whole famn damily"
  • sharing alot of my same goals
  • making the bed each day, just because an unmade bed is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine, even though it is the chore he HATES the most

For many reasons it was a really rough Summer and Fall for us, but Winter brought peace and calm back to our lives. Ed and I adore each other and our marriage has always been filled with "acts of love" for each other, even during the rough times we respect each other and want only the best for each other...that is what love is!
Yesterdays sermon was on marriage, a great way for all couples to start each new year...each day really...re-evaluating where you have been, where you are and where you are going in your marriage! It was a great sermon and we have spent hours discussing some interesting perspectives, both his and mine. We are blessed and have must to be thankful for.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 2:05:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

What a wonderful tribute to ED! I can just feel the love in your post. And I love your new banner. I have 5 months and 10 days (well I guess 9 days now) until my 30th anniversary.

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:00:00 AM, Blogger Carol said...

That was absolutely the most wonderful list of Love Is's that I have ever seen. Thank you...you have inspired me to make a list of Love Is for Andy. Our 33rd Anniversary is in April. Thank you!

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:15:00 PM, Blogger Sweet P said...

Ed is definitely a keeper. You are truly blessed to have a wonderful man in your life. I always find it refreshing when someone talks so glowingly about their spouse or significant other. Spouse-bashing is not something I like to read.

Did you let read your blog? I bet he would love it and love your even more.

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:50:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Pam, you make me wanna cry--that note was so sweet. He's a keeper but lets not forget that he is darned lucky to have you too.

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 7:29:00 PM, Blogger Cher said...

yeah,what Linda said..you are both keepers and it's good you both feel that way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home