My Creative Mind

My Creative Mind

Friday, January 05, 2007

Kinda in a funk...

Not much going on around here in a quilty way..actually nothing, zippo, zilch, nada going on in the quilting department. I haven't even picked up Gramma's Aprons to work on the quilting lately. I have struggled getting past the accident and think it took more out of me emotionally than I at first thought.

I have Christmas gift pictures to share...

This is a set of place mats I made for our youngest son, Ryan, who loves sushi (*bleck!!!!) and eats it several times a week. I found this wonderful novelty fabric and knew it had to become something for Ryan. It was a FQ bundle and there is plenty left over for napkins, hot pads...etc. I just need to figure out what might be practical for a single guy...most likely hot pads...maybe a simple table topper.
For Christmas last year ('05) his dad made him his own sushi dinnerware. The platter says "Ryan" the bowl is the letter "G" for our last name. I figured he needed a set of placemats to go with the dinnerware.
*I have tried sushi...on one of my trips to San Diego, Ryan picked me up at the airport at 9 p.m. and decided we needed to have dinner. I had worked all day, gotten on a plane and flew to PDX, had a long layover, another (unexpected) layover in San Franciso, then into San Diego. I was tired and hungry but energized and excited to be living in Ryan's World for a week. He took me to a questionable area of town and offered me sushi for my dinner...uh..no thank you! I did try it but it wasn't and isn't for me. He loves it, so I will celebrate his love of sushi via my love of quilting...but that is as close as I will get!! LOL

OK, that is it for now...gonna be late getting to the office if I don't get moving!!!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, January 05, 2007 7:30:00 AM, Blogger Joyce said...

The place mats and dishes go very well together. I am with Ryan. I LOVE
sushi. Our DIL is Japanese so we went to Japan several times when they lived there and learned to love most things Japanese. She often brings sushi to family gatherings and they disappear instantly.

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 9:26:00 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I love sushi, but only if it is more the california roll type, with NO raw fish! Great placemats!

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 9:51:00 AM, Blogger Silverthimble said...

That is fabulous fabric for a shusi lover! My daughter loves sushi as well--not me! The bowl and platter are beautiful--excellent match to your placemats! *LOL*

 
At Friday, January 05, 2007 5:36:00 PM, Blogger Linda C said...

Those are perfect, Pam for the sushi dinnerware he got last year. Sorry you are having recurrent heebie jeebies from the accident---but entirely understandable.

I have to wait for the carpet to dry a bit more to my liking before I put my sewing set up back up so I piddle dinked the day away--some cutting though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home